Sign in to follow this  
skid

G60 charger rebuilds (when)?

it should be on the left side of the head near the fuel rail, you can see the little vacume pipe from the left side of the manifold where it goes and it should take you to the fpr, check both conections make sure no splits. Good for you that are happy on 11 psi im sure you never tried the rush of 15+psi :D i bet youll like it :lol: 8)

Jim,

The car was always allowed to warm up properly before giving it any stick, If I had kept the car longer it would of had another rebuild but I was planning on getting Darren to do it instead of Jabba. I wouldnt worry too much about a rebuild, did you see the cost of my first two visits to TSR? It also spent a week in Grant Motorsport having all th Powerflex bushes fitted (expensive) along with the full brake upgrade and the first chip & pulley and suspension set-up (koni + H&R)

Anyway, there shouldnt be any splits in the charger/intercooler hosing as it was all checked before fitting and new jubilee clips were used all round.

The hose on the FPR was replaced during fitting and a replacement ISV hose was used when the boost return system was refitted.

I dont think the ISV leaks as I used to have aBahn Brenner ISV reroute kit and it made no difference that I noticed.

Hope this helps you,

Rob.

Thanks Rob.

Yeah I did flick through the huge pile of reciepts, and saw the 'gold' TSR reciepts. I didnt have any doubt about the cars history at all mate.. just looking at that pile of history is more than enough to realise the previous owners have been fastidious with it! I just wanted to make sure i'm getting the important bits looked at on time, to keep the history & the car in tact! :)

Hows life with the Audi?

Jim,

I seem to be living my life at a slower pace since getting the Audi (or the hearse as my mates have named it) especially when going around bends :lol:

Seriously though, for a standard estate I am very pleased with it, It is the 1.8 turbo sport model so that helps. The engine is very good but sounds so boring compared to the G60. I'm just waiting for AMD to finish their new one-click chip. Should be on the right side of 200 bhp then :D