Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Sparkplugs for a G60

Hello Folks,

What are the best sparkplugs for a g60 willing to spend £60+ on a set of four ??

Sandy

how much are the w5dpo numbers & where do you get them.

PS how long do they last the ones I've got the noo last for 60,000 miles (should be needing changed soon) are the w5dpo numbers the same.

Cheers for your advice

Sandy

The W6DPO's are about £10 each from VW, maybe a bit less from GSF or ECP, not sure about W5's

They should last for 40k max, I doubt any plugs will last 60k and still be efficient, especially with forced induction.

ive run both 6dpo and 4dpo. at the time ECP swore the 4dpo was the standard plug. i used them on my standard G60 for a year or 2. no problems.

im on 6dpo now again. not seen any difference between the 2.

you could always gap some coppers up. Sam from SNS in the states uses copper ones with no problems.

well mine have bought them 6 years ago nearly done 60,000 miles on them and I got 217bhp on my last rolling road session a few months ago so they must still be going strong. Cost around £20 a plug if I remember correctly. Will take one oot at the weekend and have a look to see who makes them.

Sandy

Sorry Folks just checked so recipts last night. My spark were changed couple years ago when ah got ma big valve head and other stuff fitted Star P must have slipped them in.

Sandy

Stuck some W5DPO plugs in mine at the weekend - wow what a difference. Not too much change low in the rev range but 4k upwards it pulls much better !!

I used the W6 DPO's then changed to the Iridum Denso ones at one step colder spec (conforms to the w5dpo). I think the Denso's were iw22 will have to check to confirm. These definately made a difference, probably not so much by being iridium but by being one step colder.

I used the W6 DPO's then changed to the Iridum Denso ones at one step colder spec (conforms to the w5dpo). I think the Denso's were iw22 will have to check to confirm. These definately made a difference, probably not so much by being iridium but by being one step colder.

correct me if i am worng but i always thought the lower the number the hotter the plug,, :roll:

correct me if i am worng but i always thought the lower the number the hotter the plug,, :roll:

on the bosch plugs the lower the number the cooler the plug,

ngk etc the lower the number the hotter the plug..

odd i know but true. :lol: