delfinis38

Laserline (Zapper) Key thob

My VR has the standard laserline alarm and imob on the car..... I'm after a spare zapper for it.

I see i can buy a new one similar to this off ebay, mine is V1.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASERLINE-GREEN-LED-REMOTE-KEY-FOB-T101-18-T101V1-T101V2-/300632869145?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item45ff1d8919

It suggests it's easy to re-program a zapper... but has anyone got any advice on how to do it, and wheather it's possible to do at home without any additional assistance.... I will want the new zapper to turn the alarm off/on and operate the central locking and fuel cap.

thanks for any advice

its not a standard alarm, but its easy enough to sort out. look for an instruction manual. involves locating the unit (behind centre console I would guess) and flicking a dip switch before programming the fob. takes a few minutes

Mine is a laserline V3 so it's not standard, have a bill from the original install. When I took the old alarm system out of another corrado it didn't look like a laserline module. Anyway, I'm often wrong so I wouldn't be surprised if it is standard!

Here is the procedure for my alarm (shamelessly stolen from the search)

"As for reprogramming a laserline fob it can be done. I have instructions for 996V2/996V3/919/917/776/719.

As follows:-

Note when programming a new fob ALL existing fobs/touch keys must be programmed in also. The system will accept a maximum of 4 fobs and two touch keys.

Procedure:

1. Ensure that the alarm system is fully disabled using and existing fob/touch key.

2. Locate the alarm control box.

3. Turn on the vehicle ignition

4. Set Dip switch 3 to the ON position. If the LED is ON go to step 6

5. Press and release the arm/disarm button on a valid remote or insert a valid touch key. The LED will light continuously.

6. Press and release the arm/disarm button on the new fob (or insert and remove the touch key). This will be acknowledged by the led going off then on again.

7. Repeat step 6 with ALL fobs/keys to be programmed onto the system.

8. Set dip switch 3 back to off position and turn off ignition.

9. Test all new fobs/keys. "

This works for me so it's a start

thanks all... yes it's the origional alarm ! I know because i bought the car New from a dealer in Feb 1996.

can you clarify dip switch... assume you mean the main alarm controller. it has a key to activate / de-activate.

Would that be a similar process for reactivating the alarm?

I have a laserline alarm on my car but doesnt work as I believe the battery went flat so stopped work (if I remember correctly from what Abdul told me)

thanks all... yes it's the origional alarm ! I know because i bought the car New from a dealer in Feb 1996.

can you clarify dip switch... assume you mean the main alarm controller. it has a key to activate / de-activate.

Fair enough then. Well on my alarm, there is a control box at the bottom of the centre console, which has the dip switches on. This will become apparent if you can find it. The main siren unit in the engine bay has a key switch on it, this deactivates the siren on mine.

Swompy, I'm not sure how to re-activate it. Does it have a keyswitch on a siren in the engine bay?

Fair enough then. Well on my alarm, there is a control box at the bottom of the centre console, which has the dip switches on. This will become apparent if you can find it. The main siren unit in the engine bay has a key switch on it, this deactivates the siren on mine.

Swompy, I'm not sure how to re-activate it. Does it have a keyswitch on a siren in the engine bay?

Ah ! I know what you mean now.... it looks like a small amp ! I've seen it many moons ago... thanks

Off the top of my head I dont know. I will have a good gander tomorrow as I have loads of little job to do on the car :D