Dan7357

Newbie saying hi, and advice.

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have just joined and looking forward to being around for a while.

I had (any years ago)around 8-10 Corrado's as company cars (from 16v to VR6 Storm) and loved everyone, after all these years I am looking to get back into one as a project vehicle that Mrs Dan7357 can drive while I play with it.

Whats your views on this -

1994 VR6

Black

172,000 miles

2 Owners from new

VAG history (no service book but lots of bills)

Sunroof/heater and spoiler all work ok.

The car has been standing for around 10 months (in a garage) as the heater matrix has gone and is pumping water into the car. (The car is at a garage where a friend of mine works and will be doing the job).

Condition wise NO rust, but its been owned by an older chap who could not drive it in and out his garage without scuffing the arches! So a full repaint will be needed. (not a worry while the Mrs drives it but I will have to get it done when I take it on as a full project)

So -

Current owner for 14 years (and one before that)

172,000 miles (engine sounds very well)

Needs a FULL repaint

Everything works

The owner wants me to make him an offer £1000+

Worth it?

Project wise (I will be guided by you guys in the know)

Repaint-

Wing vent

Smooth rear end (no badges or rear wiper)

New side mouldings (if you can still get them?)

Chassis -

New shocks and springs (lowering springs)

New bushes (all round)

Brakes -

You guys tell me....

Extra's

17" alloys

de badge front grill

Single wiper

half tinted rear lights

Any advice would be great on the car above (or a car for sale to save me wasting time and money) and the mods I would like to do.

:smug:

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

sounds like you need to drive a hard bargain, heater matrix is a fair sized job and bodywork is costly to rectify so you should be able to get a good deal based on that, it needs a really good going over though, I'd always recommend an MOT, for the sake of 50 quid it could tell you a lot about what it might cost you to get right, and if the owner refuses, well, they're trying to hide something?

+1 on the above. I think considering it needs all of that its a bit expensive in todays market. MOT might help bring the price down in his eyes but that is possibly not a good thing!

Andy

Sorry I should of said the car is there having the heater sorted and this will be done before I buy the car.

My friend (who will be doing the work -an ex VAG tech) will go over the car 110% before I talk money with the owner. But you know what some of these older gentlemen are like "Thats the price"...

Thanks for the welcome by the way.

Dan