teveO

PTFE spray for boost mod

hey guys

i have done the boost deleat mod to the g60! but i am unsure where i can purchase wurth PTFE spray i have searched all over the internet and i am still stuck to find any. Has any one got a link to where i can get some from cheers in advance. :thumbleft:

In the past I would have pointed you towards Gwerks, but have you tried JMR (John Mitchell Racing) or Jabbasport?

i have just had a look at both websites and they are both showing nothing :scratch: any other thoughts?

cheers

Edited by teveO

I wouldn't bother with their websites teveO - try calling them.

Ambesil ptfe is what I used. Should come up on google.

It's all roughly similar, no need to pay a middle man for it.

We sell it on Club G40. Its hard to get hold of in single numbers, we have to buy it in bulk to get hold of it. Be wary of putting the wrong stuff in.

Not sure what you're getting at there, ptfe is ptfe, some are better than others but all are better than not using it if you delete the boost return.

Can easily be found in single cans from the internet. Companies like rs and motor factors will be able to supply it too.

No it isnt. For a start you dont want anything with silicone in it as that can cause damage to lambda probes apparently and some of the PTFE sprays can start to rot seals. I was given a can years ago to try by a bearing supplier as a stop gap to getting the correct stuff and it was far too thin for purpose, it would have just been sucked straight through the charger and been useless. The stuff CG40 sell is food grade machine lubricant not just a normal white grease for door hinges.

think youre getting a bit ahead of yourself, food grade means it has to be light! also known as dry ptfe.

white grease is very different as im sure youre already aware.

ptfe with silcone will say it contains it and every can ive seen calls itself ptfe silicone spray.

as ive said ambesil is the correct stuff. doesnt come cheap, but its good.

It is indeed dry ptfe. Not really heavy duty enough for me to be honest, you'd be pushing it beyond what it was intended to be used for. Better than nothing though.

And to correct myself it's ambersil. I'll have a look in the back of my corrado next time I visit my garage. If the tins still in there it's yours.

It is indeed dry ptfe. Not really heavy duty enough for me to be honest, you'd be pushing it beyond what it was intended to be used for. Better than nothing though.

And to correct myself it's ambersil. I'll have a look in the back of my corrado next time I visit my garage. If the tins still in there it's yours.

ok wicked stuff cheers for the help!