Critical_Mass

Quick Headlight loom relay Q!

Hi all,

I need a new relay for my headlight loom, water has got in and the full beam doesnt work (main beam just turns off). So need a new relay. I've looked at the existing 2 relays, they're both the same, but both only say "606A" or something similar on them. Any idea which relays i need?

I've looked on maplins and theirs either a 40amp or 30amp relays in either a 12v or 24v variety?

Can someone tell me which one i need?

Pretty sure I used 30 amp ones on mine when I had a similar problem, ended up getting them from the local motor factors as we didn't (then) have a Maplins.

Ian.

One relay will operate the dipped beam and the other the full beam, but as you say they're identical. Relays are usually quite reliable so first it's worth checking the push-on connectors are in good order and not badly corroded, replacing any that look suspect.

Usually you'd want a single pole normally open (SPNO) but it looks like Maplin only do that in a 24V version at the minute and you want the 12V one. Maplin code N00AW (30A SPDT Auto 12Vdc) will do, but make sure you wire up the bulbs to pin 87 and not 87a or your lights will be on permanently (although you'd soon realise what you'd done ;) )

Clas Ohlson in town does them too, code 36-3908 here: http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=164596812

ive bought the correct relays before from maplin, but cannot remember which one as i had the old relays to go on.

Ive checked the connectors and the relay - the relay itself has rust inside it. haha so i know its that thats shot.