Tristan H

favour from someone with stock suspension...

I'm considering swapping out my Weitec Coilies for something else , possibly even stock dampers with -30mm Eibach springs . I travel some horrifically badly surfaced roads , and my bad back is struggling . I drove a stock suspended Rado , and was impressed... now , just wondering though , how much lower mine is over standard? If anyone with 195 50 15 tires on standard suspension could measure to the top of the arch lip for me on theirs , I'd be eternally grateful.

Hi Mate,

Mine is a late car 94 so has the slightly higher springs and from tyre to arch it measures around 90mm on the rear and 80mm on the front to the centre of the arch.

My early 89 car is about 10/15 mm lower on both front and rear

that's the actual gap between the arch lip and the tire , vertically? Wonder why the later cars were higher? Thanks BTW! Mine's about 35-40mm front , 50 rear..

that's the actual gap between the arch lip and the tire , vertically? Wonder why the later cars were higher? Thanks BTW! Mine's about 35-40mm front , 50 rear..

Yes as you suggest mate :-)

Because VW had issues with clearance (or at least the customers did) Hence the reason why the later cars had a 50mm spoiler and higher suspension. My 92 VR6 looks positively slammed compared to the 8 valve...

But it ain't.