zeb911

King of the lurkers

Hello people

No Corrado yet but been lurking for a while and looks a good, friendly constructive forum you have here. :thumbleft:

Me?....over the years from my rallying days through to bikes and now mainly with porsches for the last 10 years. Always hankered after a VR6 after a fortnights G60 ownership in the ninties, so thats my winter project...A (hopefully) very nice VR6 to tinker with over the coming months

As my good lady wife says....'at least it will keep you out of the pub'.......apparently thats a good thing?! :scratch::p:shrug::cool:

cheers

zeb.

Welcome, what Porsche have you got. Ultimately I want a nice 993 RS but Ive got to get saving. Original GT2 would be nice as well. The guy Id bought my current car from had just got himself a 993 Carrerra 4 but said he still enjoyed the Corrado.

Cheers

Currently a 996 911 Turbo but I started with a ancient 944 and worked up from there. Had a 993 C2 for a while which was a lovely car, felt as though it was so solid it was hewn from a rock. Handling nothing like the new generation stuff though.

and yes, an original GT2 would be great, just might miss the kidney i'd have to sell to buy one ! :cool:

I think I ever got the means to get myself a 911 Turbo, my days of Corrado ownership would be well and truly over. Welcome to the forum! :)

Have a quick look on pistonheads jim, the 996 model is good value these days (from about 17k upwards) and will continue to drop now the 991 's coming out. Mind you, spare parts are a whole different kettle of fish and those costs do have a tendancy to come back and bite you on the you know what! This year i've done 3 trackdays and a european trip which was 3k miles+ and now my brakes sing like a welsh male voice choir....thats the first job on the list