Sign in to follow this  
Dboy

rear spoiler repairers

bonjour,

anyone know of any garages (other than VAG) that fix these little beauties.

mines stopped working :mad:

london(ish) area would be good!!

cheers

there are several articles on troubleshooting this.. i think there's a faq on the cca site.

even if you don't fix it yourself, you could pinpoint the problem so the shop just has to fix it, not diagnose it.

..i'm cheap :D

It's usually the motor that gives up the ghost. New ones from VAG cost a fortune (over £300) because they try to sell the complete assembly ha ha no chance.

I sourced a motor from a breaker for £25 then stripped the whole lot off the car, cleaned & greased it, changed the motor & its been perfect ever since.

ok so it looks like best bet is to strip it meself to diagnose.

whats the cca site G60 (sorry if im being ignorant)

cheers for reply 2CC 8)

I get my C serviced/ MOT'd looked after etc at this place...

Bollingmores Co.Ltd

Unit 3-4 West Surrey Trading Estate

Ashford Middlesex

TW15 1UJ

Tel: 01784 246289

Not only are they good value for money but they are... wait for it.... HONEST!! Unbelievable I know but they stopped me getting stung by VAG and saved me £500!!

Either way worth a go, most garages I have come across are t055er5!

:shock: 1 EURO!!! blimey dude... you had a result there eh!

keep my eyes peeled :shock:

water pump packed up about an hour ago too!!

gotta luv em aint ya :lol:

blody hell i thought i got my motor cheap for £45 quid from some stupid breaker, but you my friend got it damn cheap!!! :shock: :shock: ; anyway the replacement of the motor is really easy if that is the problem. Good luck anyway

brookescourt, When your spoiler stopped working,did it still work on the switch or was that it nothing?

The reason I ask is that my spoiler does not go up automatically.I was wondering if you know of the whereabouts of the speed sensor for it as I think that must be the problem.Failing that I think it needs Viagara :lol: :lol:

Too Hot,

When mine packed up it wouldnt work automatically or by the switch.

First of all it started to work very slowly and in the end smoke started coming from the motor, I knew then it was time to get a new one.

It sounds like yous is not the motor though if it still works by switch.

Hope this helps,

Rob.

when i had touble with my speed assisted spoiler i found that when my radio had been put in they missed out a single wire which ran the spoiler but i couldnt tell u which one but it did work off the switch and go down automatically at 5mph

Brookescourt,

It did work perfectly...until now. Its stopped working automatically but still works from the switch. Must be the speed sensor...D'Oh!

BTW This car is quick!!!! Did you ever get a rolling road report? I never got to push it when I test drove it because the wheels just span in the wet.

Sorry to hear about the spoiler Lee,

It does go well doesn't it! Never bothered with rollers as my local ones at TSR are not meant to be very accurate.

If you get it on some you will have to let me know what it produces.

Changed anything else appart from the interior yet?

Cheers,

Rob.

Haven't changed anything else yet but have fixed the spoiler! I fitted a new stereo and wired up a wire which I shouldn't have :shock:

Got myself a mint black dashboard Sunday which is next to go in and some wheels from Germany...hence selling the ones that were on the C. Nobody seems to want to buy them which i think is weird as they are in really good nick.