jjgti

HELP!! 9A cutting off on corners

Hey all i have a corrado 9A and it has developed a small problem when cornering, I found out that the owner before me has wired an ignition feed to the sender unit (in the tank) because it had lost the live feed to it, but he used scotch locks and did a bad job of it, So I have soldered the connections and made sure everything is ok, But after a day of the car running ok it done it again, So I cleaned the filter in the tank and put a new fuel filter on and that hasn't cured it (will still cut off on corners with a full tank of juice) I'm 100% its an electrical fault but not sure where, oh and the pump sounds like its straining (pump under the car) because it will make a wining sound but its not there all the time, otherwise the car fly's in a strait line but as soon as you take a corner it will cut off and as soon as you straiten up again it will shoot off,

any help will be much appreciated

thanks JJ

Is the lifter pump in the fuel tank working? Have you checked that it's getting a live feed?

It's easy to replace (unlike the pump under the car), access is through the circular access panel under the boot carpet.

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v

That's the pump that was wired in badly so I wired a ignition feed properly , and and yeah it dose work I can hear it when I turn the ignition on, I took it out of the tank and cleaned the filter, but still seems to cut off on corners, Its spot on in a strait line flat out but have to drive like a granny on corners