josh.c

No sooner had I read stu37's thread and saw the damage...

Hey rodmax,

Thank you for the offer + bloody good price but I've found a front end in the right colour for a little more. Sorry about the delayed reply. All I need now are late headlights to go with the late slam + bonnet + bumper + indicators and fogs :D

To anyone that knows, will a late bumper fit an early 'rado fine? From what I've read, the bumper is a bit wider so protrudes a bit more than my early arches will.

Thanks for letting me know Gaz. Maybe one day I'll invest in late wings aswell.. How noticeable is the difference when using late bumper and early wings mind you? If it's like a sore thumb then I may have to rethink my plan of action.

When i fixed my old G60 up i unwittingly fitted a late spec bumper to it and on the corners of the bumper, where you slide the bumper onto the 2 round brackets either side, it would droop and leave a gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the wing.

Hope that makes sense. Corrado owners probably would notice, but others maynot. I'll try dig a pic out for you.

Edited by Critical_Mass

I get what you're saying. Hmm.. might wait for a early tornado to get split for parts then. A pic would be appreciated :)

Infact looking my pics, i think i fitted late wings with early bumper and had fitting issues. But id imagine the drooping would still occur as the bumper is slightly wider than the car. If i was you'd id sauce a early bumnper as no point getting one sprayed and fitted to just remove it at a later date.

worth waiting on an early bumper - to be honest i didnt know late spec cars came in tornado red - i thought they were all flash red..

you'll also have to change fogs and indicators if you go late spec.

Bristolbaron, Apparently this one is tornado, probably not mind you. I'd be getting fogs and indicators from the same late 'rado anyway! Gaz, the whole appeal was the donor car is tornado red so no spraying required! I'm just going to wait and collect up early parts. I think I prefer the early front end anyways.

Getting parts sorted and fitted now! Made the most of the lovely weather and fitted a new rad, fan, slam panel and bumper :) enough to get the poor thing off axle stands anyway.

If anyone has or knows someone with early headlights, please point them my way as they're the last bits I need!

EnthusiastOwned is advertising some from a G60 in the cars for breaking section if he still has them.