welshside

Help identifying unplugged connector

I have found an unplugged connector in the passenger side of the engine bay and am trying to find out where it should go.

It has 2 wires black/blue and black/red and joins the wiring loom around the front of the engine near the starter motor.

The car seems to run fine without it and I'm not sure how long it's been unplugged.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51025[/ATTACH]

Also I ordered a belt for the power steering pump from GSF and they sent me a toothed one.

The pulleys aren't toothed and I was wondering if this is the correct belt. I can't remember what was on there originally and it's in the middle of a road now because of the dreaded crank pulley bolt snapping.

Is that not for the reverse light switch? - black box at bottom of photo?

Belt - yep, should be toothed but check the size as GSF always supply the wrong one for a G60!

I think this is the right black box, it looks like a previous owner has snapped the front off it which is probably why I couldn't find anywhere to plug the connector into.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51026[/ATTACH]

The belt I have from GSF is 10A0665C, on vagcat.com it shows 9,5X663MM so the GSF one should be a close enough fit. I just wasn't sure if it was ok using a toothed belt on a non-toothed pulley.

Yep you're right - No reverse lights I bet - have a look on eBay, seen new ones go for £10

You also need to get some Rayon cloth tape to re-wrap some of the wiring looms

I've never noticed a lack of reverse lights, but my last car had a problem with them as well so I guess I just kind of got used to it.

I'll do some shopping on ebay for some tape and reverse switch. More things to add to the ever growing to-do list.

Thanks for the help/advice