jeth1979

my freebie......

well everyone, ive owned her for for about 8 months now so thought i would get my arse into gear and get some pics up and tell the little story of how i got it.

basically, i rescued this little car from my father in law. as you can see from the first picture it wasn"t in the best of shape!! in a nut shell, the car had developed a water leak on the passenger side foot well which annoyed my father in law so much he went and bought a 4x4 and stopped using the corrado... 2 years later after it had sat in the same spot he finally decided to give me the car (no influence made on him what so ever!!)..

when i got the car back to mine i finally discovered where the leak was coming from. the tree that he used to park the car under had blocked the drain gulley on the scuttle/inner arch so the water just built up along the scuttle,and having nowhere to go except through the heater surround/motor hole!!!!

not all good though from here, i had to spend quite a bit of money on getting her road worthy, especially as mice had let themselves in the car, luckily not liking the mushrooms growing in the footwell or the cow hide interior,but liking the taste of ht leads, air flow meter pipes etc.... lol.... i also had to get a new ecu, both fuel pumps, blow through the fuel lines and trace 1 wiring fault for the immobiliser, remove mould from the headlining,as well as a damn good polish!!!!!! other than that its been pretty bullet proof apart from the lift pump was a bit dodgy. (any tips on replacing with an after market one appreciated,escpecially the sizing of the rubber pipe!)..

ive clocked up a few miles so far, but its generally my sunday blast car!!! its a genuine 1 owner from new, got 84k on the clock with the history and is all standard..it has the vr pack i believe, as its got the heated leather/air con extras,as well as the bonnet bulge!!

not sure where i shalll take this car from here on, part of the deal in me having this car for free, was that i was not to sell it,if i do, he wants half the money!!!(hence my thread earlier today)..its all original, even down to the pirrelli tyres,lol...

lastly i have a few more pictures to come up but suddenly having some difficulty with my pc, so will try again tomorrow...

Not just heated leather, but Recaro's.... they're pretty damn valuable mate! Looks like a lovely example and glad it's been saved!

oh and just to add, the g60 steelies where put on just so i could get it home, as tyres where flat and windows where stuck shut!!!lol

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Not just heated leather, but Recaro's.... they're pretty damn valuable mate! Looks like a lovely example and glad it's been saved!

really? i guess the garage it is from now on then for this one!!!!! hence my other thread, it needs the finishing toucjh now, the engine!!!thanks for the feedback.yes it was going to the banger boys/breakers as a couple of pppl had knocked on his door!!!crazy to think he even left the keys in it under the drivers seat!!although not running, even easier to hoist!!!

WOW...

Its nice when lady luck gives you a gift like that!!!!!!!

hope you find the inspiration to take this car forward... personally i would go down the OEM route with this as they are few and far between to find an unmolested one these days.

On a side note, looking at your seats i have realized what i am missing... the side panels with switches are missing from my recaros :(

Kudos for saving it from the breakers. Has he got anymore Corrados sat around with Recaros in then !

Don't think I've ever seen a 16 valve with Recaro leather and Air con before.

Nice work.

Indeed. Has to be the best specced 2.0 16v around, surely? Has to be kept as a great example of the model?

Nice!!! Looks like a great base for a nice oem car.......and free, lucky git!!!

Good luck with it mate....

Wow that's a lovely freebie. As mentioned above it's a high spec for a valver. The seats are certainly valuable in today's market.

On a side note, looking at your seats i have realized what i am missing... the side panels with switches are missing from my recaros :(

Are you just missing the panel or the switches too? Unfortunately the panels are as rare as hens teeth.

WOW...

Its nice when lady luck gives you a gift like that!!!!!!!

hope you find the inspiration to take this car forward... personally i would go down the OEM route with this as they are few and far between to find an unmolested one these days.

dont you worry, i will DEFINATELY find the inspiration for it now. however, please leave my switches well alone,lol....i cant even think of any other car with similiar switches like them tbh.but if i find any or anything that fits i will message you!!!

many thanks, jeff

I had a Koni STR.T kit on my 2.0 16v and it was pretty excellent for the money. The kit is a terrible colour (bright orange struts and blue springs!) but was reasonably priced and offered a very good compromise on ride height and ride quality. I got my kit for a good price from Stealth Racing so, worth looking into if you don't wanna spend mega money (was approx £250 I think).

WOW thanks for all the suggestions, nice feedback and advice everyone,(even you jealous ones,lol.)im really glad i showed it on here as i kept thinking,oh its just another rado,lol.. seemingly, even if it is, with people saying its pretty unique and a very nice car and the fact i know it is an unmolested and honest one (sounds wrong,lol) i think im going to follow the words of many and keep it all standard. although there is one thing i do need to change/improve on which is the handling. do any of you recommend a full sus kit. ive had avo and koni set ups in the past on various cars, but do any of you guys use and rate any others?also i reckon a 30-40mm drop??any little tips of first hand knowledge are well appreciated.

rather than plough money into the engine of this car, my mk2 gti (which ive had pretty standard now for 11years) is going for a heart transplant..other than that, im generally going to pamper and lokk after this c, as well as hopefully put some more pics up later ,even a few comical ones!!! BIG THANKS again everyone for the help and input..

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

i shall be having a nosey later on tonight at the said kit. many thanks for that!!

standard is the new modified fella!!!

Every credit for a beautiful looking car