gurby28

hi I am gurby!

Hello,

I am gurby from HOlland and I do not succeed in creating a topic!

Yesterday I typte a whole story with pictures of my C's but it did not appear... and now everything is gone??

I will hold my hand up and admit this was my fault. You started a thread but posted twice. The second had a lot more pictures and info. So I removed the first thinking it should leave the 2nd post. But unfortunately it seems to have removed both.

It was definitely a very interesting thread though and I'm sure everyone would love to read. If you can be bothered, it would definitely be worth the time to post again. I promise not to interfere!! :)

Poor Gurby!

Anyway welcome to the forum :wave: Get them posted back up chap, we'd all love to see your pic's.

Hehehe well that explains a lot :smug:

Knowing this, I have new motivation to give it a third try.

Hello everyone! I am Gurby, coming from Holland and proud owner of 2 original wonderful Corrado VR6's which I will present here:

The first one is one of the last Modelyear 1994 Corrado's, it's brilliant black LA9V and already ran 390.000km's. But the engine has been replaced at 250.000km's so running smoothly.

The car does not have much options, only the usual default VR6 stuff and a sunroof and something on the back of the car to pull caravans and other stuff (how is this called :bonk:)

Some pictures of the car:

47209_7024.jpg

47207_7024.jpg

41913_7024.jpg

47206_7024.jpg

The 2nd Corrado is a unique car, it's one of the latest build modelyear 1995 Corrado's and full options and fully 100% original and VW dealer maintained. It's classic green with creme leather (yes same color as the green Storms). Has airco, airbags, cruisecontrol, etc etc. This car has been owned and driven from new-1995 until 2008 by the family Karmann (from the factory) themselves. Only ran 130.000km's currently. I have pictures, but the car isn't cleaned there but here they are:

45741_7024.jpg

45742_7024.jpg

45740_7024.jpg

45739_7024.jpg

45746_7024.jpg

45745_7024.jpg

As far as I know, UK cars right steered don't have airbags ever, do they?

I own this car only for a few months now so no nicer pictures. And the other C you can see (same color) is owned by a friend who joined me in getting the car after buying it.

If you want to read/see more of my C's, please visit the Corrado-database: http://www.corrado-database.nl/index.php?item=view_user&id=7024

To end this post, I have a question for you guys.

Here on this side of the ocean, the cars are left-steered and on your side they're right steered. This means, your passenger seats are our drivers seats. And the drivers seat in my 1994 black corrado (cloth) is very much worn out. I was wondering if one of you is able and willing to pick a seat up in UK if I win the bid, strip it down and ship me the cloths and other small parts (maybe also the foam) except the steelwork offcourse. Because shipping of a complete seat is way too expensive and new cloth from VW is also way too expensive. And I like it original :thumbleft:

I am currently looking at this seat to try a bid: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-1995-VW-Corrado-late-passenger-black-cloth-seat-fully-working-/250969196734

What do you think? Offcourse I can also strip our passenger seats for you to improve your drivers seats :dance: I don't know if it is doable but it's a thought..

They both look like nice examples you have there :thumb:

The second one looks very well spec'd, though I've never seen the alloys on that one fitted to a real Corrado....only on a 'Reval' toy model!!! Though they obviously do exist :)

Hmm not too much response over here :bonk:

You have posted in the newbies' section so a lot of people might not look in here expecting car pictures and stories. It is usually just for introductions to say a quick hello. The Members' Gallery would be far better for your car stuff.