matt59876

What hoses are needed for Porsche Brembo calipers?

Hi guys

As the title really, I have just bought some Porsche 4 pot calipers to fit instead of my planned 312 upgrade and was just wondering what hoses I need, are they readily available or will I need to get them made?

Thanks in advance

you need to get them made by bill @ badger5 ..

I'll second that, they arn't cheap but top quality, you'll be looking at the best part of £60 with delivery.

I got mine made up by a hydraulics place in Rotherham.... saved a few quid. Maybe worth contacting a local place if you know what you want.

I made mine myself, fairly easy

Will I need any special tools to make them up? Where can I get the parts? Do you recall what fittings are needed and also the lengths of pipe needed?

Additionally, has anybody managed to source adapters that don't require 6mm spacers? And is it ok to use 312mm x 25mm discs or do I have to use 323mm x 28mm Leon discs?

Will I need any special tools to make them up? Where can I get the parts? Do you recall what fittings are needed and also the lengths of pipe needed?

Additionally, has anybody managed to source adapters that don't require 6mm spacers? And is it ok to use 312mm x 25mm discs or do I have to use 323mm x 28mm Leon discs?

I've not replied to this thread as I couldn't help with the hoses. My calipers came with hoses attached and they were long enough and screwed onto the car ends.

I think the size discs you use are determined by which calipers you've bought. Mine, I had to use a 28mm disc so that meant the 323mm Cupra R disc. Some smaller Porsche calipers will let you use a 25mm disc. What have you bought?

I think the size discs you use are determined by which calipers you've bought. Mine, I had to use a 28mm disc so that meant the 323mm Cupra R disc. Some smaller Porsche calipers will let you use a 25mm disc. What have you bought?

They are 997 turbo rears which I think are larger than the usual boxster s ones (they are pretty large lol) do you know if there is any way of working out the required disc thickness from the calipers?

I can't remember exactly what fittings you will need, but demon tweeks has all the parts. Get a couple of metres of hose. No special tools required.

Disc thickness will be determined by the gap between the pads in the calipers, just use a vernier caliper to measure it

just get some from Bill at badger 5 they will fit perfectly and work perfectly, tell him what brakes you are running and he will supply the correct hoses.

just get some from Bill at badger 5 they will fit perfectly and work perfectly, tell him what brakes you are running and he will supply the correct hoses.

That is easier if you unsure about what you are doing

I would be quite confident making my own up and I enjoy doing things like that, it's just a case of knowing what I need and where I can get it. I'll see what bill comes back with.

Do you have a race/rally place anywhere near you to get the parts from? All you need to find out it what size the threads are on your calipers and get a banjo bolt and fitting. Then a female fitting for the other end. Can't remember what thread the brake pipe fittings are but it's a standard size. Measure the old pipes for a rough length of pipe. Easy peasy. £40 in bits

Hi guys, I've managed to get some HEL lines for £50, still haven't had a reply from Bill at Badger 5.

Also it seems I need a 28mm thick disc so as far as I can make out my only option is Leon Cupra R discs.

Thanks for your help