Wullie

Heater problem and a weird fix.

Had a little problem. Couple of days ago the heater blower stopped working on 4. (Early slider controls). Next it stopped completely after going over a bump, then started working again, then stoppeed. So I took the blower out, cleaned and tightened the connections and checked it. All worked fine so put the blower back in and, nothing. Poked and prodded, fan would run when out of the housing on all four speeds, put it back in and nothing. Took the round plastic bung out of the base of the motor to see if lubing it would help and noticed the spindle had worn a neat little groove in it so replaced the motor in the housing and switched it on. Nothing. Pushed up on the end of the motor spindle and away it went quite happily. Got a penny, smoothed one side, greased it an stuck it inside the plastic bung and replaced it. Blower now runs fine on all speeds. Weird but a cheap fix. Just need to see how long it lasts.

Good job, still need to look at mine. It's making some bad noises, especially in the cold mornings. What motor did you replace it with?

Freezing this morning, started up and switched on the blower. It's I don't want to play grumble completely gone. All four speeds working fine.

I've got some spares, you can have them for 5 pence each plus postage. Still working and no noise.