Snozdog

1993 2.0 16v induction

Hello,

I posted this in the induction thread yesterday but no one has seemed to get back to me, i think its because the thread has had so many replies now but im trying hard to find an answer to this. This is what i said yesterday:

"Hey everyone,

I had a quick look through this thread but i couldn't really find what i was looking for so i need a bit of help. I have recently got a 1993 VW Corrado 2.0 16v. We were looking in the engine bay and we've taken out the stock air filter box. Then came the difficulties.

I have a BMW E36 and the air filter is in a box, behind the box is the MAF sensor which leads to the fuel management. This makes for easy modification. However on the Corrado the MAF is attached to the top of the air box and the fuel distributer is mechanically attached to it, (also attached to the airbox). Im looking for increased airflow at the moment, or some form of induction kit, but im not too savvy on my Volkswagens. So does this mean that any modifications are either a large engineering job, or can it simply not be done?

Maybe the only way around this is to cut holes in the filter box, or has anyone found another way to get something a little "different" going?

Ash"

Cheers everyone.

a K&N type panel filter is all you need, the standard airbox is good for 180+ bhp, chopping holes in the airbox does nothing to improve the airflow and will just affect mpg on warm up and sap power on hot days.

Removing the 'snorkel' tube at the front seems to help a little at very high revs, but otherwise I'd leave well alone, tempting though it may be to experiment :)

• Like 1