Sign in to follow this  
jamiejamie

silver Corrado vr6 considering selling but testing the water - 2500.00 GBP in colches

Price: 2500.00 GBP

Date added to Classifieds: 25th Jan 2012

Description:

silver Corrado vr6 considering selling but testing the water

Had this car since 2000 and spent a fortune (as you do) keeping it on the road up till 2 years ago, yes it's sat on my drive and ive been intending to repair it... :(

Good bits :

genuine 130k on the clock, had just had a top end overhaul done including chains etc before it came off the road (cost about £1k + to have done)

sunroof mechanism replaced with genuine vw 4 years ago on insurance, spoiler etc all works fine.

magnex stainless from cat (cat fairly new)

inlet manifold butterfly was streamlined to increase rev response

4 new tyres avon zv3 (about £600 odd for them too!) on standard 15" rims

superchip and induction kit

discs and pads all round were fairly new but obviously it's sat for a while so even though i run it up and down the drive....

silver inpro rear lights

kenwood mask cd/mp3 head unit with cd changer was new 4 years ago - may not stay with car...

estimated 230-240 bhp, let's just say i lost my license 3 times in this car doing over a hundred and the top speed was about 155mph though i reckon it could have gone to nearer 160...

Now it's sounds like i ragged the hell out of it all the time which is far from the truth, i ran it hard sometimes but i looked after it damn well and spent tens of thousands on it over the years.

karman cloth interior in good condition, sorry no leather.

Bad bits :

gearbox lost 5th gear

obviously no tax or mot.

bodywork needs some attention, nothing major but it has some battle scars and front bumper has a dent from a towbar (spare bumper comes with car but needs spraying) - i will take pics...

it's not running as well as it was, i fire it up every week or two but it's not been used other than that and must need a damn good service to get it back to running well again.

currently not ticking over, probably just speed sensor but might be something more simple.

Saddest part is i would love to restore it again, i don't have the time or inclination to do it at the moment but i'm not going to let it go for peanuts.

i know what its worth to split the parts, just i'd rather see it go to someone who will look after 'her' like i did.

So considering i paid out over £1500 just before i took her off the road you can understand that i want to get more than that for the whole car.

- yes i know what they fetch, i've seen the market, i know lots of people are going to offer a lot less but i won't let it go and you'll be wasting both our times.

so if your going to offer £1500 or less, really don't bother to contact me.

i'm not desperate to sell, i don't need the money or the space, i really am testing the water to see what it would fetch as it is rather than my spending the money to get it back on the road to either sell or use again.

i might consider an sensible offer.

you can come and look her over, i'd prefer no-one kicked the tyres and sucked their teeth - heard it all before as i'm ex trade too!

obviously no test drives...

i won't be splitting the car so don't offer

same goes with part ex's though i'm sure your ex was lovely once if your swapping her for a car there must be a reason... :p

Best way to contact me is via email, i won't be on here very often and my phones too busy!

[email protected]

if your sensible with offers i'll reply, if your not then don't expect a reply - sorry.

i will answer any questions of what i might have missed...

6f15bbf39bc1274bf5ba9f5f3ca67321.com

b6d945d072ec3032fd0e785134865b6c.com

aad668648968d457bd52b99444d9d45f.com

b51cc91195a1bc6cd1669932f9476159.jpg

bbc4e5adf50e58d0a5fdb8f3e9da31da.jpg

7337a214e28643a6f79d321b2b2cdbc8.jpg