Abdul

Anyone recommend a garage/mechanic around London/Essex??

Hi guys as above really, the garage I used to use have a new mechanic and to be honest Ive heard bad things about him and the old guys moved somewhere up north!

So I need someone to fit my 288's to my VR and bleed the system etc...

Any recommendations around London/Essex?

Cheers

Abdul

you can do that on your own mate, easy job just unbolt the old and bolt on the new! What about the self service garage on the A3 out of london if you want to attempt it, failing that hearne bros in Brixton are really good depends if you want to venture that far into town? If you can get to Barrett Lee in south suffolk/north essex then theres a couple of vw enthusiasts who work there (bit pricey though)

I would love to say ill do it myself but as it's my brakes I don't want to take the risk lol. I'm sure with some guidance it could be done but it's not really something I want to attempt on my own...

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Ok, sorted found a place not too far from me... Will update with how it goes etc.

Well the garage is near shephards bush but im always over that way anyway so it shouldnt be a problem.

Pm me if you want the guys no, he quoted me £50 to change the front calipers and hoses and bleed the brakes which i thought was very resonable. My car already has the 288 disks on but with porka calipers so they dont need to be changed obviously.

yeah good price that, cost me £80 and that was with staff discount!!! i might be selling up on Sunday but if i dont then ill need the pulley sorted. Will pm you if i end up keeping it.