storm_warning

Leaping devils

Since tomorrow is the 29th of Feb, it just got me thinking....

For people born on the 29th, each non leap year sees them lose a day, so they are three days younger than everyone by the end of every 4th year. However, people born on a normal day of the month have to endure an extra day in their life, so become one day older than the leap year birthday people every 4 years.

This means, by the time you are 80, 20 leap years have passed. Those born on a normal day are 5 days older than those born on the 29th!

However, those born on the 29th of Feb are 6.66 days younger. This is conclusive proof that anyone born on the 29th Feb is evil!

Eeeeeeeeevil!

it shows how messed up our timing/yearly system is.

i reckon this is why snow now falls in feb instead of december these days.

We need to reset the seasonal clock imo

it shows how messed up our timing/yearly system is.

i reckon this is why snow now falls in feb instead of december these days.

We need to reset the seasonal clock imo

Actually that's the whole point of the leap year. The earth rotates around the sun in (approximately) 365.25 days. So an extra day is added to the calendar every four years. If that didn't happen then the seasons would gradually move.

Actually that's the whole point of the leap year. The earth rotates around the sun in (approximately) 365.25 days. So an extra day is added to the calendar every four years. If that didn't happen then the seasons would gradually move.

i think we need to add more day then :lol:

If you were born on the 29th you would have to be at least 72 before you would be officially 18 and be allowed to buy a beer! And I thought Christmas day was a bad day to have your birthday

Something struck me while at work yesterday; I worked a day for free. I get paid the same amount each month regardless of the number of days. So that means that my annual salary remains unchanged even in years with the extra day.

Arse :(

If you were born on the 29th you would have to be at least 72 before you would be officially 18 and be allowed to buy a beer! And I thought Christmas day was a bad day to have your birthday

You would also look really old for your age !!!!

You would also look really old for your age !!!!

At least you wouldn't get asked for identification.

i think you all have too much time on your hands lol!