Sign in to follow this  
predator

g60 turbo

i have a spare g60 engine and im thinking of turboing it,i have a large range of td and tdi turbos and exhuast manifolds which would fit on but has any one done this before i would probably use an emerald managment. please give me some advice

Go for it, I know a guy who really specials in this kind a work coz he love it, he has just finished building a 2.0L racing engine for my mates MK2 Golf can push out 250 pounds of torque no bad.

He is doing a 2.9vr6 turbo conversion as well for me, all has has said is be prepaired to hold on tight......... :!:

I've done one too.

We used a Rallye 1H block, ABA cross flow head, ATP exhaust manifold T3 Super 60 hybris turbo, custom inlet manifold and grey injectors, all running of remapped G60 ECU.

As rmn said I have recently done this conversion into a mk2 golf. It was a bit of a pain in the ass really but I have to say worth it in the end.

I originally started out with the intention of using the TD turbo and manifold as you have mentioned but decided against it and instead used a new T3 with the ATP manifold.

I ended up building the engine to a much higher spec than originally intended. As a rough idea of the spec and power figures It has 83mm Ross Racing Forged Pistons (ie 1.9l bottom end ) Schrick cam, flowed head, 42lb injectors, FSE adj FPR, T3 turbo ATP manifold and downpipe, Merc Sprinter intercooler, Quaife Diff and Emerald Management and at 13psi (which I am led to believe the turbo isnt even under pressure!) it made 194bhp @ flywheel and 202lbft torque. I have been told that upping the boost to 18-20ish psi should see that bhp at the wheels.

I have attached a pic of the finished productUntitled-135.jpg