yacobwood

Yacobwood's Model House

After having quite a large Argos delivery, i had some cardboard lying around that I decided to put to good use over the winter. So I decided to built a model of my house. I'm by no means an expert in model building but thought I would showcase my work so far. The building is built to the scale of 1 Inch = 1 MM so all walls, roofs, windows etc are exact. Still a long way to go though. I have two walls painted up and ready for the odd decorative touch. Also im quite amazed how strong it is. Could probably stand on the roof and it wouldn't cave.

I work on it at night while watching the telly. Probably been around 10 hours or so in total. There have been a few scrapped walls when I got the measurements wrong or just cut a few mm too short. At the moment I'm filling in all gaps and straightening corners with filler to make it as perfect as possible. All held together with some trusty Neil bucannon art attack glue :)

Good stuff :salute:

I have the cardboard but probably not the patience!!

Did you ever see the the guy who built a replica (and I mean replica!!) F1 car from cardboard and ended up getting a job for one of the teams as a result?

I did yes. That model was unreal! the time he must have put into it doesnt bear thinking about. Never know, I may get a job with RightMove........ :geek:

Good stuff :salute:

I have the cardboard but probably not the patience!!

Did you ever see the the guy who built a replica (and I mean replica!!) F1 car from cardboard and ended up getting a job for one of the teams as a result?

I saw that too, was very impressive, cool addition to CV.

Then there are those who play the F1 Playstationes etc who get picked for driving in F1 too.