Pete_GTI

91 g60 ignition coil wiring

Does anybody know which wire should go to which terminal on my ignition coil? I broke down the other day and the recovery man obviously left all the cables unplugged, so now i've got a replacement to fit, i don't know which goes where! There's a green cable and a black cable. I've metered them and get around 12v between the black one and earth when the ignition is on. So am i right in thinking that the black one goes to terminal 15 (+) and the green one to terminal 1 (-)? Thanks in advance :)

surely someone with a g60 must know this? Or be able to pop out and have a look under their bonnet for me? pleeeeeeease :)

Yes, black on term 15,green on term 1.I've checked on manual too so yes. One thing to check as well is a contunity test on the green wire,take wire off set multimeter to ohms and check between pin 25 ecu harness plug and green wire terminal 1 coil.you should have 0.2 ohms or similar.this wire is the trigger for the coil to fire from the ecu.without it you'll have no spark