TAC_Double

1992 VR6 Cooling issue

Hello,

New to the forum and the Corrado. Found a 92 VR6 hidden in a barn for the last few years. Body and interior is in very nice shape. Did a lot of work to it over the weekend to get it running again. Replaced all the brakes, battery, alternator, oil and filter, fuel pump and filter, air filter and clutch master. We'll she runs again! let her idle for 30 minutes just to get things warm and flowing again.

The expansion tank was low, so I filled it to max. And took her for a gentle cruise around the block. Dash light coolant light started flashing. So after searching through these forums I figured I had not bled the system correctly. Removed the upper hose and filled her up. Ran it for a bit till the expansion stayed to max.

Went for a drive this afternoon, and it was not good. Pulled into the garage and shut if off and the expansion tank started spewing coolant out the side of it from the port...

What would cause this? The temp gauge is working and never showed it as running hot. Heat is working, fans seem to be working.

I'm at a lose as wear to start. I don't want to just throw parts at it... just want to drive it.

Please help out the new Corrado owner!

Thanks in advance