NewbridgeJob

Wishbone bolt

Right, been working most of the days on getting my old wishbones off but there's a bolt that's right behind the sump which is proving to be a right pain in the arse!

Any advice on the best way to get this out, I the spanners that fit it just arent long enough to generate enough force

I've read somewhere that the engine needs jacking up? How do I do this and where would it be jacked up from?

Thanks in advance

newbridge,

I did this last year, here's what I did:

Use the jack (get the car on stands if it's your only jack!) and shove a bit of wood between the jack and the lowest part of the sump. I then jacked it up so the wood was wedged firmly (although this wont matter as the engine cant fall through). then remove the rear engine mount bolt completely, and loosen the front engine mount nut.

You can then jack the sump up and with enough slackening of the bolts, the sump should easily clear allowing a socket and the nut to slide out.

HTH,

James

Simplest way by a long way (did it yesterday) is to undo the two 13mm bolts either side of the rear engine mount (drivers side). You can undo these from the top of the engine bay by using a really long extension.

Then just jack the engine up out of the way by putting a block of wood up between the wishbone and the back of the block and jacking that up against the part of the block that sticks out.

Took about 2 mins.

Jay