Stonejag

Part number request

Can anyone find a part number for this?

throttle-hose-clip.jpg

It's supposed to clip onto the water hose going into the block near the throttle body - the top rotates 90 degrees relative to the bottom and it holds on to the two water pipes that cool the throttle body. I can't find it on Vagcat at all - maybe one of you will have more luck? Obviously one side is snapped off my one, that may have been where the part number lived as it doesn't seem to have one moulded in...

I'm putting together a small parts order for the weekend so if anybody could give me a hint it'd be very welcome :)

Stone

I had the same thing happen on mine some time back. My mate owns the local VW dealer and we found one the same as that in a old crashed Polo or Golf. I just looked on ETKA and I can't see it for sure but I think one half of it is "021133687"

I think you're right - saw that bit on Vagcat but can't for the life of me find the diagram with the throttle body hoses in! I was expecting to see it in WATER HOSES but it doesn't show the throttle body at all. Was planning on a scrappy visit at the weekend so I'll have a poke around there...

I don't think the part is available as a spare. As with a lot of parts, the spares on ETKA are not necessarily the same as the factory part fitted nor sometimes even supplied as a spare for the car model and illustration area (ie. water coolant pipes). This looks as though it is one of those......

VagCats does not show non-illustrated parts but if you go to a proper ETKA..... On the VR6 engine water hoses illustration you will find two non-illustrated parts. Both are for holding pipes. One is associated with the Throttle Body pipes 155 971 787B, The other is associated with hoses around the Thermostat Housing 447 971 843B. Both are described as "Retainer, Swivelling”

If you are sitting comfortably, 155 971 787B for the throttle body area is £4.43 + VAT and will go to "back order" in VW's system. It looks similar, the two pipe sadles are there, but.... the clip part for the ISV pipe is much smaller. (447 971 843B is £2.14 + VAT. and definely isn't the part.)

When I look at Standard Parts, neither of the above resemble the photo above. Looked further through Standard Parts and there is not an illustration of a part that is the same as the above photo. But the detail descriptions are scant, so the above may be listed somewhere but no dimensions to confirm it.

Edited by RW1

If you are sitting comfortably, 155 971 787B for the throttle body area is £4.43 + VAT and will go to "back order" in VW's system. It looks similar, the two pipe sadles are there, but.... the clip part for the ISV pipe is much smaller. (447 971 843B is £2.14 + VAT. and definely isn't the part.)

The swivelling middle bit looks like it unclips so that might explain why 021 133 687 appears to be only the lower half of it. A moot point if they can't even sell me one!

Thanks for the confirmation, anyway :)

Stone

The item 021 133 687 is attached to the breather pipe from the tank vent valve to the PCV. It is a smaller diameter than the pipe at the ISV valve.

So isn't the lower half. As ETKA states Item 14 - 021 133 687, - bracket for hose which referring to item 13, 021 133 518B or H. Also 133 tells you it is fuel related, not coolant.