Tigerfish

Late spec leather front door cards

Anybody got some of these they want sell on? My '94 car has had the cloth interior changed to leather, but with an early spec interior so the door cards now have two sets of window switches, which looks a bit dumb :(

Forgot to say, in black please.

Not sure what I was talking about there, I need dark grey ones :bonk:

Matey, I have the same problem, bought grey leather early spec. Decided it was easier to get the original late spec door cards re trimmed in matching grey leather at local quality trim shop I used to re trim my MK2 a couple of years ago. They quoted £140 for the pair to match the originals in the same leather. It might be worth trying that route due to how few leather sets come up. Or at least looking in to it

The main problem I have is that the car was converted to leather before I got it. So it has early spec leather cards fitted already. It means I have the window switches where they are meant to be on a late spec (on the top edge of the pockets) and also have window switches in the door as well (but not connected up). It looks kinda dumb with two sets of switches. Plus, the mirror switch isn't wired up either (not that it bothers me too much). Some late spec cards, ideally in leather would be perfect, but cloth would also be fine as I could possible get them re-trimmed in leather at a later date, but would do fine in cloth for the time being.

Mind you, what I'm not sure about is whether the car was originally a black interior or not. The dash, centre console etc are black, would they be grey if it had been grey originally?

I would say yes. Mine was originally black cloth interior with black consoles etc. I changed for grey as that was all I could find and it looks a good mix, its quite certain that yours would of had black cloth originally, especially as its a late spec, not that it matters as I actually prefer the contrasting grey black colour.

Another way to check will be the door pillar covers, mine were and still are black,

Matey, just seen advertised by James153 a pair of grey late door cards on new posts. He says they are worn but he only wants £5 plus postage for the pair. It might be worth looking at those to start with and getting recovered to match the rest

Cheers mate. I think I am sorted now with a full set of grey cloth cards, which means I can get things back to the later spec.

If anyone does have late spec grey leather front cards, do give me a shout though.