Sign in to follow this  
dubbprince

ATT: ALL AQUA BLUE PEARL GUYS! LC5U

Biggrim is right about the price, im pretty sure it was 9.99 for the 300ml spray can. However I dont agree that my C is Aqua Blue... Your's looks much lighter than mine. I would say that the front wing that you have sprayed is the colour of mine. What is your paint code :?:

Dubprince's car looks identical to the colour of mine which is definately Aqua Blue Pearl Effect... :|

my paint code according to the manual is definately LC5 U

AKA Aqua Blue Pearl.

I think my car must of sat out in the sun too long for the 12yrs of ownership...its had 3owners inc myself so don't really know what its down to.

I'm saving up and booking it into a bodyshop 15mins walk from my house...so i can pop in and check on it.

They'll do my bonnet, front wings and hopefully a new front bumper when i get that...then redo the debadging as it was previously filled.

They do however say they'd re-fill it 'properly' and say that the filler they use, as long as its air tight is fine and won't sag...they won't weld the hole up...does anyone know in the EAST midlands where they could?? :x

make sure they do weld a plate in as i have seen the result of filler jobs for debadging badge recesses, having dione a fair few flush tailgates i would say take it to some where to get it mig welded at a lowish setting so the rear panel doesn't warp and then send it too your local boys to skim fill over the surface :mrgreen: . it doesn't matter if the chunk of filler is airtight its gonna sagg because the surrond metal panel will expnad ata different rate in the heat and therefore will eventually show up the filler, trust me mate don't get it fillered as it will need to done again further down the line :( . What mods u getting done when its in the bodyshop?

Bobby :D

just getting handles/washers redone....both wings i hope and bonnet...then eventually bumper too

I asked them if they could qoute me on plastic welding my no.plate recess but they don't do that either...so i'll ask around for rear badge welding.

Shall i ask about anything else??

Don't really want flared arches or wing indicators removed....so no point in asking for that lot.

Rear lights have just recently been done red and laquered properly...so its just a front end spray job and blended into the doors each side.

Cheers for that bobby..i wont be getting it filled dont worry. :roll:

if u find a place that does a decent jod on the plastic welding on the front bumper send their no. my way as no one down this end does it either!!! :(

Thanks B :mrgreen:

no worries mate...i think the good places that do it are further down south, i'll ave to speak to Gman i think as he was the last to find out who are the latest ppl who do the stuff..

question still stands...what colour is C5U? :roll: