KIPVW

1.8 16v MFA showing zero MPG

As the title says, been putting the Nugget back together and had it running and all seems good apart from the MPG showing zero, any ideas on this please?

The clocks were removed a while ago so maybe something i've disturbed, plus i had the airbox out to change the pipe to the rear of the airbox as that was damaged.

All the othe functions seem ok but i haven't driven it anywhere yet as not got tax or mot.

Thanks!

Im not shure... But if the car is not moving then it will be doing 0 mpg?!?!? Jack up the front wheels and run it a bit.

Make sure the small vacumn pipe is connected to the back of the clocks, you can check to see if its connected by taking the lower dash piece out and having a look onto the back of the clocks., it connects onto where the side of the rev counter

Cheers matey, i'll look tomorrow as i'm fairly sure it could have popped off while tinkering, last time it was driven the readings were eratic and then zero then came back on again, bit strange.

Mpg isnt shown on my VR when its stationary KIP just two "--"

OR do you mean it actually says 00 mpg

As said above- my money's on the vac pipe. Comes through the bulkhead somewhere behind the airbox- think there are a couple of connectors, so it can come apart quite easily if tinkering ;)

Ooohh Really, maybe i'm thinking it does but it doesn't! I know when i've driven in my VR and then stopped it starts to go down but I alwasys thought it registered when started from cold in the garage once it's up to temperature??

I wont be able to bloody sleep tonight now :lol!

---------- Post added at 7:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:57 PM ----------

Will have a fiddle tomorrow and let you know!

Thanks fellas x