Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

944turbo S2 limited edition Convertable For Breaking (maybe)

I've just been offered this 944 for breaking here in spain. Not sure if i want to take on the project. The car caught fire this morning after the driver hit a rock on the road, ripping the fuel line hence the fire.

Front end is a gonner but i think the wheels are good and seats etc are good. Im going to see the car soon.

What do you think guys? Should i, or shouldn't I. I've got to give the owner a cut!!

Any ideas on what the wheels are and what they are worth?

I suppose it all depends on how much it is gonna cost you! The rest of the car (judging by the pics) looks in cracking order. Do you intend breaking it or, maybe turning it into a project?

Are there any more pics of the rest of the car?

Havent got the money to make it a project, the engine is a gonner i'd say from what i've been told. I was thinking of stripping it!!

Depends how much you can get the car for I spose.

If it's a low enough price then you can always strip what you want and sell the rest on to cover the cost of buying the car.

Hi Nigel, thats the Porsche wheels I'm after!!! They are Porsche Cup 1's... Do you know how wide they are?

do the rest of the people on the boat think you a computer geek pau1 ;)

or do you surf in private

Pau1 - I have replied to your other wheel thread but if those are the wheels you are after, Borbet make a wheel like that.

Okay, so it's hardly a spot-on match but it's a cheap alternative that comes a little close. hehe

do the rest of the people on the boat think you a computer geek pau1

or do you surf in private

Im tryin to do it on the sly but it's not working. Cant get my ethernet adapter to work on my laptop either. If i could then I could have my Laptop conected to the ships network all the time. Im tryin to find drivers for it just now too. So I think the guys do think im a computer geek, but im not the only one here...

Hi Nigel, thats the Porsche wheels I'm after!!! They are Porsche Cup 1's... Do you know how wide they are?

Not sure what size yet. I'll get back to you tomorrow

Thanks Nigel... TIA

Okay

Rear Tyre size 255*40 ZR17

Front Tyre Size 225*40 ZR17

so am i correct in thinking they are 10 and 8 inches wide respectivly??

Thanks Nigel... TIA

Okay

Rear Tyre size 255*40 ZR17

Front Tyre Size 225*40 ZR17

so am i correct in thinking they are 10 and 8 inches wide respectivly??

Thanks Nigel, thats pretty big. Too big for my wee VR. Thanks for checking. Are you going to buy it then?

an i think it'll be 9 and 10 inches.

Not sure now to be honest, wass gonna break it and spilt the cash with the owner on a deal basis. Like take 25% of all bit sold etc. Also we are looking for a donor car for new engine and front panels for possible repair job!!

can you squeeze the 8s on the back??

Should be able to, but the 10's... But I'd need adapters on there too.

i seriousley doubt they are 10"s on the back of that car mate... they will fit on you car fine paul1

if they aren't 10, then they're probably 9's. Porsches do tend to have large wheels on the back, especially the 944's, the 255 tyres aint there for show

i seriousley doubt they are 10"s on the back of that car mate... they will fit on you car fine paul1

Do you think so Darren? I tought 9's and 17" would be too big. Have you any experience with the porsche wheel adapters? Those wheels would be ace.

Pau1

Would I need to roll the arches?

Arent the adaptors 20-25mm thick? hence why the thinner wheels are needed?

I think so, but you never now. It depends on the Porsches offset. The Adapters might make them fit better. I.E Align them up properly.

thats what im saying though, the thinner wheels have an offset that'll just work with the adaptors and cause of the width, they have a large offset and just look like a tractor when fitted.

failiing that you could fit 195's and have it euro look 8)

try Style Dynamix, i think they answer all the questions on wheels for the Golf Mag and seem to know their stuff. There is no mention of the wheels on the site but they might give you some help. They know the Corrado for offsets.

call >

0208 561 0001

fax line >

0208 561 8436

for any further info give us a shout at

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.styledynamix.co.uk