Tempest

Coventry Festival of Motoring - 26/8/2012

Having been twice, the event was cancelled for 2011 due to the organisers needing a larger site for this event. For 2012 this site has now been found: Stoneleigh Park near Coventry.

The event features a large selection of all sorts of classic cars, not just standing around in a field, but actually going out on a well-planned trip around Warwickshire with possibilities aplenty for pitstops. Marshalls on every junction waving us in the right direction, people in villages we are passing through waving. A truly unmissable event for classic car enthusiasts!

Sunday: 50-mile Historic run through South Warwickshire (new route), cost £20 per car. Start and Finish at Stoneleigh Park on CCGB club stand. Book early! 600 cars only allowed!

If you want to take part in the historic run please download the booking form below, complete and post back to me with payment.

If you just want to put your Corrado on the club stand please email me the following details: Full name, year of manufacture of your Corrado and registration number.

You can also make a whole weekend of this event: Visit the website, decide whether you would like to stay in a local hotel or B&B or even camp. Weekend packages are available here:

Booking form

Put your name down click here, download, complete above form and pay as per form address (or use me to handle this; for CCGB members):

Non-CCGB members: Download form, complete, send off to address on form with payment, let me know you´re attending with car registration details (need to fill in another master form for all cars attending)

Location for start/end of Coventry Run:

Stoneleigh Park

Stoneleigh Road ( map )

Stoneleigh, nr Coventry, Warwickshire

CV8 2LZ

UK

More info: http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk

Registration deadline: 16/4/2012

Tempest

Tempted but it's a 200 mile round trip before starting on the 50 mile cruise. Looks a good event though.

Put my name down on the club site too Eric :)

Thanks!

Forget about this meet if you're into modified VW's. If however you've got a broad motoring interest and like classic cars, this is a great way to spend a day :)

I've been to what was the Town and Country Show at Stoneleigh a few times and it's a good venue.

Can't commit to this one just yet but will know by the weekend.

You can still register for this event.

Download the form in the link in the first post of this thread, complete and send off with payment to the address on the form (CTM Ventures Ltd in Coventry), then let me know your registration number so I can add you to the master list all of cars participating in the run.

Deadline for getting your forms in to CTM Ventures is 4 May! At this stage do not send me the forms any more, only complete and send the forms directly to CTM Ventures, please.

Tempest

Update:

There is now a Show&Shine taking place on Saturday 25 August 2012, sponsored by Footman James.

Here´s more info on this Concours:

http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk/news/arti...tion__entry_now_open

I have a few entry forms for the Show & Shine Competition, so contact me if you want to enter

The other event the organisers are pushing is WheelSkills, read all about it here:

http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk/news/arti...tion__entry_now_open

Again, entry forms are currently with me, so contact me if you want to enter this competition.

Tempest