hmm.. dont start that one! depends how small a small budget is.. either could end up costing you lots in maintenance if you go for a low end one.

At the moment i think you get a lot more choice with a low end VR though, but personally would say don't rule out a valver.

---------- Post added at 7:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:06 PM ----------

Oh, and welcome!

Welcome.

VR and G60 are equally good in different ways. But neither would be cheap to run and maintain. A valve would be a little cheaper on a tight budget.

^^ cute dog Anne :)

thanks for the replys im hoping to get one for around the £1500 mark! sell my car first tho! 16v would always be ok! id like a vr 200bhp on tap!!:dance:

---------- Post added at 7:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:46 PM ----------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59281[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59285[/ATTACH]

Got this ages ago for a present ,it fits mk2 golf may fit others never used £25 delivered

will be putting eibach front brace up later once i,ve gave it a wee polish asnd a better pic

dont think this was ment for my post!! lol

I wouldn't touch a £1500 vr or g60 with someone elses barge pole. Unless I had £1k to £2k to put into improving it.

price doesnt always reflect what you buy! some people dont know what there worth, and there only worth what someones willing to pay! i meen id never give 3grand for a vr6 because i dont think there worth that but id pay 15thousand for a ratty camper!:p

That's true but having watched the market for a long time the bottom end is often filled with the poor examples that are boarderline breakers. Having said that a lot of top end stuff isn't selling either and prices are creeping down for good stuff.

I spent about £2.7k on mine if I recall (the market has fallen a bit since last year though and I reckon I would have paid about £2.3k for that same car now. But then I spent around £1k on bits an pieces to tidy it up (new alarm, various bits of interior and exterior trim, fixing a few mechanical and electrical issues, etc). That doesn't include the better interior that I put in either and I still think I need to spend at least £1.5k to get the car bodywork and other items quite how I want it.

It's not a cheap hobby and I thikn it would be cheaper to buy a slightly more expensive run of the mill average car :)

But an average car wouldn't give me the grin I now have :)