Wesleyvr6

Vr6 temp gauge not working??

Hi all, I have a temp gauge that isn't working at all on my Vr, am I right in thinking that it's the yellow sender in the housing on the front of the engine that will be the culprit? I've checked the definitive coolant guide and this seems to state this sensor works other stuff, but everything else seems to work fine? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

It runs the aux water pump as well. £35 when I got one a couple of weeks back.

I must of done alright then! £19 from tps.

Odd, i paid £28 about 2 months back :lol:

It's not what you knw it's who you know lol. Anyway all fitted and working perfect.:-)

Did you drain the coolant or just do a quick swap? Mine's been sat in the glovebox for the last couple of weeks, I only just got all the air out of the system so can't really face doing it again :oops: I particularly hate the bit where it wees it out down your arm...

Stone

I let it all drain out and just refilled with water as I'm taking the engine out next week to start refurbishing it!

no need to drain down to replace that sender, just make sure the coolant is cold!! undo the the expansion tank cap to release pressure then skrew it back down,

then quickly swap them over,just make sure when you remove the sender you remove the O ring aswell, you will loose coolant but not much and when i say not much it realy is not much, deffinatley not worth draining down for.

Your best bet is to NOT take the coolant cap off as it drags air in when coolant is draining from the sensor hole, which inturn helps push the coolant out faster - leave the cap on. If the engine is cold there will be no pressure :)

Edited by Critical_Mass

Your best bet is to NOT take the coolant cap off as it drags air in when coolant is draining from the sensor hole, which inturn helps push the coolant out faster - leave the cap on. If the engine is cold there will be no pressure :)

i did say "then skrew it back down" ,, always thought the cooling system is allways under pressure regardless of wether its cold or not, unless you got a leak,

Ah sorry if you said "screw it back on". If the engine is cold it wont be under pressure. So if you run engine up to temp let it cool completely, then take the cap off it wont spill over.