Sign in to follow this  
edd

LC6V green pearl effect VR6 for £1800 ono in Malvern, worcestershire

VR6 | LC6V Green Pearl effect Stealth Racing Engine Rebuild | Malvern, worcestershire

Price: £1800

Description:

1992 Corrado VR6 – K652 EUC – 192800 miles - £1800 or VW T25 part ex

(Stealth Racing Engine full engine rebuild in my ownership, top end, bottom end, pistons the lot at 117000 miles over £4k in all)

12 Months MOT

Needs taxing - will include if sold at asking price

Classic Pearl Green LC6V

EDIT: This needs to go to pay off an early lease termination on my golf (a £1700 bill)

was MOT'd this week, so 12 months

Sob Sob Sob….

Right after over 10 years of dedicated service I’m afraid I’m going to have to (temporarily) leave the Corrado fold…

The Corrado has more recently become an infrequent toy now due to me having a daily driver MK6 Golf Bluemotion, I also have a few toys for good weekend “driving days” and if i am honest this is only still around as i have had a corrado in my ownership for the last 10 years and don't really like the idea of not owning one, however

Due to my current lifestyle I fancy going back to my earliest of VW ownership days and I am therefore on the lookout for a T25 panel van or derivative – so if you are in possession of one of these and that kind of part ex takes your fancy (money either way) then please just ask…..

I honestly don’t know how to price this, benchmarking classic cars prices is so difficult as people have such varied opinions on there worth

Price to include 2 other sets of alloys, VR6 BBS alloys (like the G60’s) and a set of BBS solitudes, spare bonnet and spare wing sale price dependant...

Currently on a classic car policy with 1500 limited mileage all mods declared - was about £180 fully comp (im 31)

The Car

This VR6 was purchased new by a MR B Thanki on the 02/10/1992 for £18767 it has since had 6 owners including myself (owned by me for the past 7 years)

I purchased this Corrado in November 2004, I had a 16v Corrado at the time and spent well over 6 months trying to find one for a sensible price and in the condition I required (this was when Corrado’s appeared to be starting to rise in value again – what happened there btw). Approximate mileage then was 98000

In 2005 at 117000 miles I had issues with smoking on overrun and an occasional misfire which was attributed to oiling up of plugs 1&6 and the age old VR problem of ovalised bores

2005 was therefore destined to be an expensive year for me – Off to Stealth racing she went.

The engine was effectively fully rebuilt from the ground up by Vince and work included the bores being rebored to accept the Mahle 82.5mm over bore pistons (not cheap £££) which I believe make the engine a true 2900cc and work also included the later mk4 chain upgrades, again I’m led to believe this limits the risk associated with use related chain guide wear on the standard engine.

Once compete and having spent a month or so doing the obligatory run in mileage (seem to remember this being torturous) it was rolling roaded by Stealth at 198.9BHP impressive given that the engine was still pretty tight at this stage.

The overall Stealth bill was £4000 and included for 4 wheel laser alignments etc. All bills are in my name and ownership

This was 6 years ago, the odometer is now on 192800 miles (75000 on new engine) and running well, had an issue with oil in coolant but a new oil cooler has quickly resolved.

It has had regular servicing, coolant, brakes, and oil changes undertaken by myself (between 5k and 10k mile periods) in addition to any periodic work required by MOT (rearbushes, CV joints etc etc)

I had it VAG.com scanned recently when the oil cooler needed replacing and it only showed up a blue temp sensor which has since been replaced

Other upgrades include

• Lowered 45mm Koni Top Adjustable and H&R vr6 springs all round, with front lowering caps, very nice height and stance

• Magnex cat back exhaust

• Later VR6 cloth interior - black with blue fleck- this is in very good condition with minimal bolster sag (change was due to personal preference over the earlier VR6 interior (dark grey)

• BMC CDA induction kit

Good points

• Rebuilt Stealth racing Engine 2005

• Late cloth interior – good condition no bolster sagging)

• Still sporting 15” wheels (good handling)

• Sunroof works

• Heater works on all speeds

• Heater direction dial works for two positions (windscreen/legs) but not all (stiff bowden cables - pain in the arse to replace)

• Heater matrix has been replaced

• MFA function all working

• ABS working as it should (no disconnected bulbs!!!!)

• Upgraded head light loom (though one relay needs replacing, needed for MOT)

• Lupo wipers

• Rear wiper removed to clean up back end – I have this somewhere so can be re-instated

• Magnex cat back stainless exhaust

• MOT

• Tax

• BMC CDA induction kit

• Rear bushes replaced

• New engine mounts (powerflex solid ones!!?? I can’t remember the name)

• New CV joints and hub bearings

• Tyres have good tread

• Huge and organised folder of service history and bills, all MOTS etc

• HPI clear

• Full closure alarm – all working

• Head unit (sony I think)

• Original first aid kit (unopened) and warning triangle

• Recent new front suspension top mounts

The no so good points (i'm being very honest and this is written so I can put add on ebay if required without having the hassle of people with excuses pulling out of sale))

• Paint is 20 years old and has not been re-sprayed so don’t expect it to be immaculate

• Slight dent on n/s rear wheel arch lip

• Rust section on o/s front wing (spare wing included in sale).

• small patch of paint with a slight colour missmatch due to a small area of rust bubble treated previously,

• Bonnet stone chips - as expected

• Bumper has some "old croney car park scars”. In the last year the car has frustratingly been subjected to 3 slight paint scrapes on the bumper corners by unidentified drivers in supermarket car parks – I was waiting to have the bumpers resprayed alongside a new n/s wing but now its up for sale I won’t

• Very slight dent in bonnet – only noticeable in some lights I bought a bonnet off Walesy after I bought the car years ago but I never noticed it enough to follow through with it (bonnet included in sale)

• Slight drip from top of the windscreen rubber in very heavy rain

• Slightly Cracked spot light

I have been on the forum a long time and looking through my post will give some idea of the cars history in my ownership, though please be aware I have had other Corrado's and recently bought another VR6 from a stranger who approached me knowing I was into Corrado's and didn’t want to sell her “baby” to just anyone.

Any recent posts are likely to be in relation to work required on that car, I have since sold it to a friend but I am still owed the money for it and it is still registered to me so if anyone interested in that one please get in touch

(92 black VR6 192000 mile but chains done in the last 10k miles, SORN, no MOT needs some minor work good track car potential??? £600)

Edited by edd
pic upload and mileage correction and PRICE DROP