ChicagoG60

removing carpet due to leak

I.m new here and need some help, I've tried searching the forum but haven't found any directions to remove the whole carpet. there is a leak somewhere in the car and the water seams to be coming in from the passenger side pillar. well anyways until find the leak or sell my 3 series thats sitting in the garage ive opened the floor plug so no more water gets in. i removed the whole interior and am stuck right under the dashboard. every time i remove part of the dash there seems to be more things holing down the carpet. and ive come across what looks like the aircon piping and it looks like i have to cut the carpet.

here are leaks and anyone has any input i would appreciate it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59933[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59929[/ATTACH]

does anyone have a link or knows how to remove the carpeting, there is mold or moss on it and i need to get it cleaned before i put the new motor in.

thanks

I have exactly the same problem, looked at the scuttle seal and it all seem bone dry, my suspicion is the windscreen.

Anyway remove the pax seat, remove lower dash tray (5 screws), remove the lower electronics cover panel (2screws), pull off interior door sill trim and last of all there are some plastic large screw cover things just under the dash.

Let me know if you find anything.

Mines been in the garage for a year got kicked out by the wife and now its been the wettest month ever fffffuuuuuuu!!