DANG60

Fuel pumps

Hi guys, I'm looking to source an intank pump for my corrados. It's the 2.0l 16 v model and it will be feeding a Bosch 044 inline pump. I've just enquired at vw and they are no longer available.

Seen them on eBay etc but I'm not sure if I trust them or not, pref wanted a genuine vw one as the engine should be knocking out 380 ish bhp and don't want to risk it for the sake of a pattern parts pump.

Cheers

Edited by DANG60

may be wrong here but the one in the tank is just the pump that lifts the fuel to the main pump,should be plenty used ones going about

I try to help ANNE:cool:

Cheers Anne t , yeah it's just the lift pump to the main pump. The one I've got is ok but it's as old as the car as far as I know, so I want to put a new one in just to be on the safe side.

Thanks Anne, I think that will be the way forward. I'll get my old one out the tank so I can double check it against the pictures of the pumps.

Roger- the car is a 2.0l model but has a 20v turbo engine fitted, well it's actually in bits at the moment but has had a fair chunk of money spent on it.

Interested to know how you will be getting 380 hp from a 2.0l 16V

Best wishes

RB

380 isn't hard to get from a 16v,just need to Turbo it and spend lots! ;-)