m10ooy

Audi MMI issue

Hi there... Not lost I promise, just trying to find someone who might be able to help...

I have an S6 and the mmi system reboots itself every 4 or 5 seconds. Reading up, it seems like an issue to do with the optical bus, which a VCDS system can help with.. Problem, I don't own one (yet) and the dealer wants to charge me £120 to tell me what's faulty.

I'm in Dorset, on the Hampshire border and wondered if anyone is able to assist who may have access to a VCDS machine?

Thanks..

Is it a saloon or Avant? Any signs of spillage on the MMi panel?

If it's an Avant check for water in the left hand boot cubby where the MMi units and radio units are located.

Hi Pat

Thanks for the response... It's a Saloon and I've not had any fluids in the cup holders...

Reading other web forums it looks like it could be an issue with one of the modules, although I'm not sure which one.... The fibre optic feed needs all modules to work to keep the system on, so really it's a case of finding out which has failed which I understand the VCDS can do?