sharpy-vr6

Standard how low question.

Hi guys

i know this question gets asked alot and it is a pain, however no matter how hard i look round i cant seem to find the information i want.

basically im thinking of going low on my vr however i dont want to go down the coilover route. i just want to buy springs and dampers for 2 reasons.

1- im cheap and spending half as much for a decent set of shocks and springs over a decent set of coilys sounds good.

2- all i hear is that coilovers are harsh and to get anything with good ride quality you have to fork out and they sieze up fast as anything.

ive posted in the sticky with no real response i just want to know if anyone has gone low without coilovers on vr6 and how low??

it seems that most kits only go to 40mm on a vr except for fk who do a 60/40. im not so sure im going to be content with 40mm lower i think it will still be looking a little high for me.

however weitec and kw (2 brands im interested in) do a 60mm drop for the 1.8-2.0??

both stating an axle wieght of Front - 925kg Rear -710kg now i may sound stupid here, but would these not fit and work fine on the vr6?? or is the extra weight so much that the suspension couldnt handle it??

and why do these reputable companys say only 40mm lower on the vr6?? is this because if it was any lower it would spoil handling??

Essentially i would love some pictures of your cars lowered 40mm and 60mm and any storys on these kits??

and any advice on the matter off the 60mm kits for the lighter cars on a vr?

im a complete begginer on the subject and all help would be appreciated