CazzaVR

City Powder Coaters- Birmingham

I would heed the advice of the wheel baron i have a set of his wheel's i am about to offload and to be honest it is obvious baz make's sure he get's it done right judging by the quality of said wheel's also those who have been on the forum a few years will agree :thumbleft:

Through weird timing, I'm taking my Octavia VRS wheels up to these guys this morning.. took me a few attempts to get through to them in the week and even then they didn't seem concerned about "booking" the wheels in or anything - just said to bring em up whenever I wanted. So I'm a little on edge but a) have heard good things and b) for 120 quid they can't look any worse than they do now so...

I'll report back on how it all goes!

Spoke to them on the phone this morning and they say they'll be ready for me to collect later today so popping up tomorrow morning. Coincidentally I'm taking the car to Stealth afterwards for some new front brakes, so I reckon I'll get Stealth to stick them on the car whilst I'm there.. assuming this snow / slush had cleared!!

I'll report back on what they look like!

Edited by Jim

Just got back from a long day of driving around, the first stop of which was to collect the wheels from City Powder Coating.

Honestly I'm really pleased with the job they've done. The wheels look excellent and whilst the colour they've used seems a smidge darker and less 'sparkly' (if that makes sense) than the standard VW silver, the finish is excellent with absolutely no signs of any damage anywhere. And for £120 including removal and remounting of tyres and rebalancing of wheels I'm blown away. It's a rare thing these days to feel you get value for money on many things but this is such an example.

Will use them again!

Nope? Just standard stuff. The Skoda brakes are already pretty huge (312's I think) - no need for any bigger tbh!