nrc

Standard VR6 front N/S calliper

Due to a stuck bleed valve I need a replacement passenger side front calliper, standard VR6 jobby, to help get me to the CCGB national day.

Exterior condition not important but it must work and have a loose or missing bleed valve!

Willing to collect within West Yorkshire (within reason).

Cheers,

Neil

Are they the same as the 16v ones, if so I have a pair...not sure on conditions as I can't access my garage at the moment

I think the G60 ones are the same as VRs (280mm) but the rest of the line-up has 256mm discs.

Have you thought about getting a new one from VW dealer on an exchange basis. Think it was only 65 pounds all in each. ( No messing about with an old one having to sandblast, caliper paint renewing bleed nipples, piston seals etc etc)

Edited by VWVW

No, I didn't know dealers did exchanges on callipers! Are they likely to take one with a very stuck and damaged-beyond-all-recognition-in-an-attempt-to-remove it bleed valve? :)

No, I didn't know dealers did exchanges on callipers! Are they likely to take one with a very stuck and damaged-beyond-all-recognition-in-an-attempt-to-remove it bleed valve? :)

You can give it a go to see if they will accept the one you have taken off. If you havent got one for exchange then there is a 20 pound surcharge on top of the £65. or if you could source another second hand one cheapely you can also take it to them as exchange at a later date. Thats what I have done before (a few months ago)

also euro car part is doing calipers. They are offering 30percent off using discount code Holiday30.

You just way up the options. Maybe best to try the VW dealers first if you have one local to you.

Edited by VWVW

i have a set & live near you.... can meet you in leeds on Monday after work if you like? if so make me an offer.... also have black diamond drilled & grooved discs if you are interested. oh & nearly new hoses.