Sign in to follow this  
randal

Interior Cleaning/Shampooing

Having a look around the car, it's clean.. ...but it's not CLEAN. If you get my meaning. So anyway, options are - get a professional valet service in to spank it up. Or find a decent car shampoo alternative. Has anyone had good results with an off-the-shelf product?

ta

randal

Halfords have 2 for one on car cleaning products atm - they have a special interior one for cloth etc with an attached brush thing.

I got some int/ext glass cleaner and console wipe stuff today for 4 quid.

I did my headlining with Autoglym interior shampoo (from halfords on their 2 for 1! ;) ) and it's come up like new... 8) I did do it while it wasn't in the car though, which helped!

make sure after u cleaned it all up wrap everything up in plastic or lots of cling film,,,,, will make it easier for next time :-P

make sure after u cleaned it all up wrap everything up in plastic or lots of cling film,,,,, will make it easier for next time

hehehe. I like. Will be doing that, and cocooning my passengers in shrink wrap too! I'll add it to the "to do" list along with engine mounts, gearbox oil change, exhaust... ...I love mondays, spend the whole day planning the weekend! (funnily enough, always car related these days!)

Cheers for the responses guys.

randal

It's a 2 for 1 on all turtle wax products at the moment. Depends on how dirty the interior is really. I've used interior foam spray to do the headlining and the drivers side carpet and the headlining is HARD WORK!!!! Tried the usual suspects to clean the leather and thought I was making progress till a guy in my work had a look at it. His dad has an interior cleaning company and he said "your leather is boggin' mate"! Gutted I was after that. BUt was happy again when he said he'd clean my leather and carpets for £15 8) Gonna wait till after my finals and get it done by him at his bargain price. So my point is (eventually), if it's really bad, get it done professionally then keep on top of it, if it's just a bit grubby, give it a bash yourself. HTH

I'd love to know how the headlinings in cars get so freakin filthy. It looks like someone has run a lighter all over the lining in some cars. I think I'm gonna need some more clingfilm. :)