hi there not really familiar with these forum sites but i have a question id like to ask to the members that know about corrado's...

recently i have been viewing a corrado g60, the car itself is a cracking looking car no rust underneath is mint condition inside aswell supercharger was serviced last year car sounds great running etc...downside to this was i done a text check las night and it came back and had said that the corrado was reported stoeln in 1993, was written off-stolen but hadnt been stolen and recovered,

also in the text check it had said that the the last former keeper change was blank, i quized the owner sbout this last night and he was shocked to here this news about his car and couldnt understand why the car was known as a stolen car as he has known the car for a while and has had it on the road for a wee while now, the car is taxed mot'd and insured and i have also done my own insurance quote on the car and it has given me a preice etc but i am hesitant to buy this car due to the fact of it coming back being stolen so many years ago..

does anyone know why this would be???

also can anyone give me any advise on what to look for in the car to mak sure its a good buy as i dont really know much about corrado's themselves.

thanks very much .. easyboy

I would attempt to contact the dvla direct... They may give info about it.

The text check things can be wrong about such things.

Mine showed as being written off in the past. But my mot done last week doesn't show it on the dvla generated part of the mot form as the box isn't checked

Hello and welcome!

First thing to look at is the buying guide on here - print it off and take it with you when you look at a car.

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/the_corrado_buying_guide_checklist.html

With the G60, it's not surprising for any 20 year old car to have some secrets, at least you've found this one early.

Personally, I would say stolen/recovered 20 years ago is the very best was for a car to be Cat C/D - does the V5 show whether it's listed as either?

Cat C/D cars generally sell for 30-50% less than a 'normal' car, so as the seller didn't know this it's a great bargaining tool.

I wouldn't be put off the car at all if everything else seems right, bodywork, engine etc. Just make sure you buy it at the right price!

thanks for the reply..phoned the dvla this morning and because i was phoning about a stolen vehicle they told me to contact the police for information about it, i dont see the point in contactin the police for a car that was apparently stolen in 1993, i just dont get why its mot'd taxed and insured if it has been stolen and not recovered..surely if it had been stolen, once the guy went to tax it or whatever it would show up on some sort of database saying its been stolen..

---------- Post added at 5:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:15 PM ----------

i havent seen the v5 yet but i said to the guy i would have a think about this and come back for a second viewing body work is mint and engine sounds great super charger sounds lovely the owner said theres 30grand worth of reciepts for the car aswell so obvious il b asking to see them aswell, im not actuslly buying the car the guy came to me for a straight swap for my 99 e46 bmw coupe witch is only worth 2000 but his worth 2800 he said, just making sure before i agree to anything and really wanting work out the stolen part story to the car thanks

If its been used for a fair while and there are MOTs to prove it then i would say the car is safe to purchase.

Although i would definitely use this as a bargaining tool.

ok thanks the uy said that it was his pal that owned the car n was off road and recieved alot of work, then few years down the line the guy decided to track the car so this was when the new owner bouht the car off of him as he thought it was to good for being tracked,il get in contact with the guy and see what documents he has