patrick p

Clifford concept 50 problems

as the titls says ive got this model fitted to my car ever since i bought it back in 1999 and it has been a pain in the butt from day one i need a new key fob as my old ones is in bits and struggles to dissenge and let me start ,even with new battery in it im at my witts end. does anyone know how big a job to remove the alarm cheers pat

These are a real pain to remove as they're tied into everything.

I have ended up sticking it in valet mode and refitting the factory immobiliser

remind me what is the valet mode is that the rocker switch on centre console if so what do i do to put it in valet mode?

Yes it is that switch.

I can't remember the combination but the user manual has it in there.

If you don't have the manual google is your friend

Time to replace i think. had the same with the same system 5 years ago so replaced with the latest version and has been spot on since, i think connection s etc seem to have a limited lifespan with alarms to be honest and over 10 years is not bad going really.

The later alarm even cost £50 less than the concept 50 i had fitted in 1999 too :)

it took me about 3,5h to remove clifford concept from one corrado and fitting it in another one so it is not a big job, there is around 15 wires to connect to your loom, job done.

thanks for the advice i wk in the motor trade but in the parts side of things but i know an auto electrician who may take the job on if i tell him 3,5hrs removal time cheers pat

Oh My God I hate my concept 50! had the car for about a month now, remote is battered, I'm forever locking it and unlocking it to start the car, but i do have the manual, it was in with the history, i suppose i should give it a read! if i find anything useful ill report back :) might scan it in and upload it if you cant find anything on it, as I'm sure other people will want a copy as well?

Debating whether to go back to what was there originally, or get a new alarm? but i don't know what was there originally?