aki

strange and mysterious

hi guys

been away a while as the corrado is safely nestled in the garage and now using a passat tdi to get to work (saving me £150 a month in fuel) anyway the corrado still comes out occasionally and it has developed a weird fault!

the abs warning comes on and doesnt go out untill mainbeam is on and the heater fan behaves in similar manner, also the lights dont work either i guess something is backfeeding due to a faulty switch or relay strange but true! anyway i was just going to chuck another fusebox and relays at it but wondered if anybody else has had anything similar?

cheers

andy

ps car is a vr6

Yes, it's to do with the X-relief relay. It controls the supply of current to all sorts of circuits while the engine is being started Can't remember which one that is, bit it's cheap enough to replace.

Best wishes

RB

Hi roger

thankyou for the reply

I will find the offending relay and swap it

Thanks again

Andy

Hi roger

I googled the relay and it took me to your post on here from 2004!:-o gave me all the info that I need it is indeed relay 4 got the part number and everything!

Thanks again

Andy