Sign in to follow this  
edd

not another passat handle question - need an answer tho

Situation: Have passenger side delocked but not drivers side because my alarm is bu**ered, so wouldnt be able to get into car, I also have no boot key. Central locking works fine. I also have a spare drivers side rear passat handle and mech in the garage.

Problem: Drivers side door handle just broken; am off tripping it round the country tomorrow for easter but can go via scrappy....... oh and shes costing me way too much and the moment (the car)

The Question: Can i use a passat front drivers side door handle on the C with the passat mech ive got in the garage. (if i can get one cheap enough) and is it easy enough to swap over the locks from my broken handle. If not am i right in thinking a new C handle is pushing £100 and id be better off getting a new alarm and fully delocking.....Next month tho after 2 weeks of gettin in through the passenger side!! Ideas folks im open to them.

I don't think a Passat front will work. I may be wrong. Only way to tell is get the 2 side by side.

Swapping the barrel over is easy enough. Just need to pull off the circlip that holds it in. Stick the key in and shove it out. Refit is reverse etc.

I have been messing with my 90 Passat today. No alarm on it yet and both front door handles were bust.

Bought a bare one off ebay and discovered that I bust the unlock tab off the old handle when I removed it. Now my car would be dead safe, except it has no locks and no way to lock it. :roll: :roll:

Got it stashed at the moment and GazzaG60 is the only one on here who knows where I live :!:

If you are near Warrington, I can do you alarms for good money. Including Cat 1 etc.

Gavin

Yeah, the fronts will fit depending on year and you may need the matching mechs...

New Corrado handles are £45 from GPC

did the fronts today mate straight swap as long as u get the mechanism that bolts onto the side of the door aswell, best thing is when it does go its just goona cost u the price of a passat handle and not another silly corrado price :-P .