SOLD G60 | Pearl Grey | Preston

Price: £1750

Description:

Make and Model: Corrado G60

Year/Reg: 1991/J

Mileage: 121,800

MOT & Tax: 11 months MOT, 5 months tax

Description:

Owned for the past 3 years and bought from a Corrado forum member. I’m selling as I’ve found myself doing more miles nowadays and have bought an S3. I had planned on keeping the

Corrado as a second car, but realistically I’m not going to have time to use it and I’d rather it went to someone who will.

As per title, it's a 1991 G60 in Pearl Grey metallic (LA7U paint code).

Standard grey cloth interior with no rips or tears.

Justmatz black floor mats.

Momo Corse steering wheel (still have original G60 leather wheel if required but it’s a little tatty).

Alpine mp3 head unit, Alpine components and Alpine 6x9s in rear shelf.

Windows, spoiler, mirrors and all other electrics work fine, apart from the sunroof which tilts but doesn’t slide.

Currently on 121k miles, bought on 97k which means I’ve done approx 7k a year. It’s been fantastically reliable in that time and has never failed to start. It uses no oil or water, doesn’t

smoke or rattle and pulls really well from low down the revs. Oil and filter have been changed at least every 12 months using Synta Silver/Mann Filter.

Brake fluid replaced July 2010, rear callipers serviced and new rear discs and pads earlier this year.

Last year I also did a full flush of the cooling system and replaced the header tank with a shiny white one.

Also this year it’s had a nearside front wheel bearing, new wishbones and uprated Audi bushes and a full wheel alignment carried out by Pro-tec motorsport.

Other work I’ve done includes replacing the heater matrix and fan blower motor (December 09) cam belt and water pump (also December 09), de-cat pipe from Pipewerx (June 09), blue

temp sensor, rad fan switch and blue expansion tank cap (August 09), rocker cover gasket and powder coated rocker cover (August 10), Lupo aero wipers fitted (this year), new driver’s

side door handle with spare repair kit (again this year).

Charger was rebuilt by G-Werks at 97k. Now has a 68mm pulley and G-Werks chip installed. Before I did this I had the car fully dyno tested with diagnostics by John Clarkson autos of

Westhoughton, which included a full test of the boost system and a new seal on the charger outlet. After the work it was rolling roaded again at 187bhp & 189lbft torque with dyno

printouts to prove.

Clutch replaced in 2007 and the DX crank bolt mod has been carried out. The big end bearing shells were also replaced in 2007 (common G60 issue).

It didn’t come with a huge amount of history or paperwork when I bought it (although I do still have the original dealer brochure), but the guy had obviously looked after it and I’ve since built

up a decent stack of paperwork to prove all the above work.

Currently sitting on a set of Ronal LS alloys with virtually brand new Toyo Proxes all round (less than 1000 miles use). 16mm hubcentric spacers all round. The alloys look ok from a

distance, but all are kerbed (bought second hand already like this) and have suffered from water getting under the lacquer. Just never got round to refurbing them.

Lowered approx 40mm on shocks and springs (damping adjustable on the front). I think the fronts may also be height adjustable but I’ve never looked into this.

Bodywork is probably the weak point – whilst it does polish up well, on closer inspection it has a few car park dents, a scrape on the n/s rear wheel arch which was present when I bought

it (adds character!), has had paint on a couple of panels and a few other imperfections. The G60 grill badge isn’t on as one of the clips snapped, but I do still have this. The driver’s door

rubbing strip isn’t on at the moment, but I also have this. The front splitter has suffered from the ridiculous speed bumps round here, but that’s easily replaced. I also have the original

springs to go back on if it’s just too low!

I also have two sets of wheels that the car previously ran on – the original G60 BBS and a set of Lenso RS5 16”. The car can come with either of these for a reduced price if preferred, but

the BBS will need four new tyres and the Lensos 2 new tyres.

All in all it’s a great car with solid mechanicals that’s been well looked after. Any trial/inspection welcome and viewing is highly recommended. Test drives with proof of insurance only

please. I’m based in Preston, Lancashire.

Price: £1750 ono

Contact details: email [email protected] or give me a call on 07732 066554

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg