Sign in to follow this  
bazgreener

is anyone running 215/40-16 tyres?

i run 215 40 17 but with 10mm spacers at the front and 5mm at hte back with no issues, although i have coilovers which are thinner than original suspension springs which might be and issue. If i was you id stick to 205 instead of 215.

rgds

I had 215/40-16's on my 16v and never had any clearance problems, was on standard suspension though.

I wanted to use 215/40 as they are almost identicle rolling radius to 195/50-15 so it won`t mess up my speedo etc, i am lowered about 60mm ish on coilovers.

LowG did you run the spacers to clear your coilovers?

Baz

Hi Baz

I`ve been using 215\40\16 tyres for years now with no problems.

I used to run a 40mm drop on it without any rubbing on the arches but not sure with 60mm.

The wheel offset on the wheels are 37mm if that helps.

Jason

Hi Baz

I`ve been using 215\40\16 tyres for years now with no problems.

I used to run a 40mm drop on it without any rubbing on the arches but not sure with 60mm.

The wheel offset on the wheels are 37mm if that helps.

Jason

Cheers Jason,

I will be running ET35, but i think i will go for the 215/40, what tyre brand do you use? I was going to get 17" rims originally and had set my mine on the new Yoko AVS sport tyre but they don`t do it in 16" :cry:

Baz

35mm should be fine.At the moment i`m just using goodyear tyres as they were reasonable. About 55 pounds each and have had no problems yet. I used to run pirelli`s but had nothing but puntures on them.Most probably just bad luck though.

Pity about the yoko`s as there a good tyre.

Jason

I wanted to use 215/40 as they are almost identicle rolling radius to 195/50-15 so it won`t mess up my speedo etc, i am lowered about 60mm ish on coilovers.

LowG did you run the spacers to clear your coilovers?

Baz

yes i had to use spacers to clear the coilovers, the wheels sit perfect with those spacers, i have 7.5 17" alloys, i believe they are ET 35.

rgds