Brownmiata

Just got a free corrado from a friend.

As the title says i just got a g60. Its green really dont know anthing about the car. Infact I am having a hard time finding wheels. The hub is 57.1 and it just seems nothing will fit. Is there a common wheels swap?

Thanks guys hope to be active here!

Will post pics soon

welcome! probably best to just pass it on if you cant find wheels. when shall i collect?

what wheels do you want? theres loads and loads of options. most things 4x100 will fit.

Haha! Sure come tomorrow to pick up? Just kidding thanks for the welcome I'm looking for something to roll the car around on. I've got a Miata. A 85 turbo Volvo and no the corrado. But the Miata wheels won't fit due to 13" and the stock ones won't cause 14" and I tried some 15-16 but the hub is too small also tried my moms civic wheels also too small hub. Found some cheap wheels from a Saturn and they will fit but the guy isn't emailing back. I just need something cheap (>120) for a little while!

As a rule of thumb if it's 15'+ and comes from a mk1/2 Golf it should fit, for example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-4x100-deep-dish-alloy-wheels-VW-Golf-MK1-and-MK2-/160850167707?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&fits=Model%3AGolf%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II&hash=item25736ac79b

where abouts are you? It might also be worthwhile putting something in the wanted section on here.

I can tell he's in the USA so a wanted ad on here might not be much use (we're mostly UK based).

Anything from a 4 stud, similar era VW should fit just fine - surely should be able to find some of those in a junk yard or something?

Alright last night I picked up some Racing Heart 17" wheels from a friend. Got them wrapped in brand new nexens. And they wont fit (i knew this but it was too good of a deal.) So today im going to get some supplies and open the center hub size up. Wish me luck!

And I am in Irvine California!

And they wont fit (i knew this but it was too good of a deal.) So today im going to get some supplies and open the center hub size up. Wish me luck!

Rather you than me! :|

Alright last night I picked up some Racing Heart 17" wheels from a friend. Got them wrapped in brand new nexens. And they wont fit (i knew this but it was too good of a deal.) So today im going to get some supplies and open the center hub size up. Wish me luck!

Nice and easy job just go very carefull i used a small dremel and sanding bit and carefully took out the amount i needed , it was 1mm from 56.1 subaru to vw 57.1 go easy working in a circle and not in one spot and you will find you wont even need spigots they fit that nice

Iv got a set to do at weekend !! I think it took me about an hour or so a wheel

Also used one of those flappy sanding bits you put in a drill to smooth the surface after the dremmel

Alright so I did some measuring and it looks like I cant take out that much of the hub It will hurt the structure of the wheel. So now I have a $650 set of racing hearts to go on my miata. I really wish I could just find a set with tires that has the right hub. GRRR!

Anyone want to trade for some 13" Rota RB's? Prolly the wrong fourm huh?

Anyways here are the pics.

img1718k.jpg

img1717t.jpg

img1716gd.jpg

img1719t.jpg

And one of my miata.

mattj.jpg

And here is a list of the crap that either doesnt work or it needs.

Head Light Driver side

Sunroof motor (it will go up but not back)

Wing (wont go up)

Rear finish panel (what we call it in miatas. Things that holds tag between lights)

Horn(makes 0 sound)

Interior lights

Shift knob ( I cant get it to center it makes me so mad)

Fuel gauge (does not work.)

odometer (does not work.)

Air conditioner(does not work.)

Fog lights (does not work.)

Radio (does not work.)

Cruise (does not work.)

Wheels

Seatbelt re-tractors (does not work.)

Edited by Brownmiata