Sign in to follow this  
endor71

Respray

I was going to get my Corrado resprayed at Premier in Northampton.

But to my shock they are not doing respays anymore . Anybody know of any decent place to get my C sorted. (without travelling many miles)

Looking at smoothing out rear seams getting rid of rusty spots etc.

Don't know about where, but from present experience, take the time quote to do it, and double it.

I was told 3 weeks. This is now end of week 5 and its still not finished. Should be tuesday next week :mad:

Could not be without any car for that long especially not the Corrado. What you having done ? Full bare metal respray??

:( :( Did Premier give a reason that there not doing full resprays?!!?

Are they concentrating on custom work or wha!!? :( :(

Chris,

In all fairness there was a lot of work to be done. Its not bare metal, but is a complete stripdown. I went to see it last week, and it was only a rolling chassis, with dash and back seats.

Add to that new wheel arches (don't roll wheel arches - they will rust!) , and shaved doors. Took the door handles off and smoothed the holes. Cool remote entry thing now.

Also every other panel had some sort of dent to be fixed, not to mention several concealed rust holes.

Saw it today, its mostly back together and it looks very fine!! 8) 8)

So there has been a lot of work done to it - I'm just anxious to have it back.

chuck: what do you mean don't roll arches, they rust? paint them after??

:?

G60,

Bought the car with a bit of rust round wheel arches. Got it quite cheap - cut a long story short - I wasn't intending on keeping it - soon to get a G60 - but it cost a fortune to fix after some git broke into it - so I kept it and got the arches sorted.

The body shop told me they were rusting cuz someone rolled them - badly. looks like the paint cracked and let water and grit do its ugly job. Also they then acted as a dirt trap!! I suppose I should have said "get them rolled properly, and gummy up the new 'V' it formes with the outer skin to avoid build up of muck".

But I'll tell you this - I ain't doing it again!

right, cracked paint.. thats what i thought you meant. when/if i do it.. the car will be painted after.

glad to hear you're happy with how things turned out. can't wait to see the pics.. is the colour at all like 'raven pearl metallic' like audi used on the le mans series TTs?

i don't think you guys got them, it was a north american thing i think. but that colour... WOW. thats the colour i'm goin with.. was gonna be this spring, but i'm pushin it til next winter now i think.

anyway, get those pics up! :D

duston coach works, and prestige are both very very good but quite expensive.

prestige is down by airflow streamlines in far coton and i think duston coach works is on lodge farm(haven't used them myself but they sparayed a friends car)