Sign in to follow this  
Corradoboy18

I did what steve said and...

My brother owns a g60 that seems incredibly slow. I owned a VR6 corrado and know only a little bit about it little brother.

I recently read about checking the boost through the MFA

It said that at idle the the normal reading should be between 550-720. Well, my brother's g60 was showing a max of 43. I took it to red line in third and the max i could get was 170. Acceleration is pathetic. I don't know if there are any leaks in the piping but even if there was it shouldn't be this slow. The charger was rebuilt by bahn brenner two months ago. Could it be a severe case of advance timing? if so, how do i fix it. Help me restore the g60's self-respect. (Trucks can beat this car)

Cheers

*mod edit - double thread removed - Henny*

Sounds like you may have been in the wrong section of the MFA program - the stalk switch needs a good press sometimes to change the mode.

Who re-fitted/checked the carger ??

Check out the DIY section of http://www.snstuning.com

I found out why the reading was so low. I referenced it to the european numbers, i didn't know US numbers where different until late last night. My numbers are still low, and there is definitly a leak somewhere but it's not as bad as previously thought.

Steve helped out more than he knows. That trick with the MFA is damn cool. any other trick things you pull off with it?

Bahn brenner motorsports did my rebuild, a good job i might add.